• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ANR headsets for all SWA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your hearing is sooooooo important to you go buy a headset. All the sickouts on 1 June & I bet not one headset purchased. Grow the hell up & take care of yourselves.

JV OUT!!!

Nobody deserves thanks on this one. It is like blaming us for age 65.

Going from excited new hire to critical fellow pilot in less than four years!

I'm certain your teaching the Captains you fly with a thing or two.;)

It's going to be the same headset we use now. We'll all have foam earplugs issued when we check in for our next trip. The earplugs are made by a company called "ANR Headset."

Seriously though. I'm looking forward to the intercom. It'll be nice to work in a quieter environment.

Gup

Xzactly......
Coming from a turbo shaker to the 73 is like stepping out of a rock concert into a church while everyone is praying.
But that may be cause I'm partially deaf already.......:erm:

It's just refreshing to see a company and their pilots generally pull in the same direction. I know SWA ain't no Disney Land but it's pretty damn close! (BTW-Disney Land raised their prices to $75 bucks a day this year.:eek:)
This Hatfield and Mckoy bull$hit on our property is so high school it's already getting old after just a few months... maybe the imminent furlough won't be such a bad thing for me. I'll be able to call myself a real airline pilot for 2 reasons..... I've been furloughed and I lost my retirement funds (by paying the mortgage with my 401k until that secret computer in the SWA PD spits my name out). If JV is a disgruntled SWA pilot could someone get him to just call in dead next time instead of sick? Maybe just one more guy could have the opportunity to get the call.
Z.

PS: Sorry for the rambling vent, my therapist says it's good to get it all out. It'll eventually get me over my fear of flying....

Last edited:
Can't find it anywhere, what's an ANR? I can find Bose, david clark, and plane tronics. This thing might be fancy!

There are 3 types of "noise canceling" headsets:

Active Noise Reduction (ANR), Passive, and In-the-ear

I don't think they've specified the brand(s) yet.

There are 3 types of "noise canceling" headsets:

Active Noise Reduction (ANR), Passive, and In-the-ear

I don't think they've specified the brand(s) yet.

My bad, I did not pour on the sarcasm thick enough. The $80 I spent in training for the $.05 worth of wax they stuck in my ear is a travesty. I use the "ear d!ck" now, and will skip passive to get the good stuff (ANR.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back