Another Comair rumor - 80 Airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just preferential hiring with XJ
Does OH Management know something about Mesaba they're not telling the employees?

CRJ_puppy said:
They are quite myopic as was stated above and even stated in writing that 40-60 pilot jobs were not worth saving if it meant everyone else would have to fly 5 hrs less a month...yes incrediable but true.
That's horrible! I know of individual cases where pilots were told by ALPA reps their jobs weren't worth saving, but a group of 40-60? GMAFB ALPA!

Also from what I have gathered :
-Comair cruises at a slower speed using PPAS (sp?) to save DAL fuel money.
-Comair has some APU usage policy to save more fuel money and mx cost
-Some ontime perfomance to keep up the Delta brand name.
all to save Delta more money and to make them a better product, only to furlough 300+ pilots????

Do you have any hard numbers of Comair's performance in fuel savings/mx costs?
According to the DOT for 2008 through this September, 27.04% of Comair's flights were late. Completion Factor was 96.58%.

As for min. fleet guarantees, aircraft coming off lease are accounted for in the agreement and do not have to be replaced. Sucks to have the oldest RJ fleet in North America.
Yeah but that doesn't take into account the six or seven that Delta is trying to sell immeditely that are not lease returns! These are owned outright by Comair....which means it's a viloation of your side letter agreement to the PWA. Damn! I wish we could have another conference call with the head honcho so we can ask him all about it!:smash:

Interesting. I remember them going out of their way during the bankruptcy. If I remember correctly they were holding seminars for insurance, employment and so on.....
That was then, this is now. Where are they? Have you heard from them? I have flown with several guys who have been calling reps, but according to them, they're all MIA.

Do you have any hard numbers of Comair's performance in fuel savings/mx costs?
According to the DOT for 2008 through this September, 27.04% of Comair's flights were late. Completion Factor was 96.58%.
Man, you have to see these awesome pins they're giving us!!! They say "Giving 100%". They're so awesome!! I can understand and forgive the company for not giving us the Honey Baked Hams this year. Screw eating, I got a pin to show everyone that I give 100% every day!
Oh, after I get furloughed, you can find this nifty pin for sale on Ebay. Better watch for it though, I promise you it won't be on there very long. Everyone is after on of these bad boys!

Were those the same pins in the Urinals in the CVG terminal?

Silly...

You're supposed to LICK the pin. It tastes just like HAM!

Happy Holidays and thanks(for)giving!

:smash:

That was then, this is now. Where are they? Have you heard from them? I have flown with several guys who have been calling reps, but according to them, they're all MIA.

That's crap. I'll bet you a ham if you call a rep, you'll get a call back. You may not like what they have to say, but the reps (JFK, at least) aren't ignoring calls.

Just preferential hiring with XJ, which I got on with.... In the mean time, I am working as a computer programmer/online course designer for a small private company until my class date.

Just wondering about your signature line...... Is that not the probability of intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe?

-Gen Lee wouldn't count.....

Just wondering about your signature line...... Is that not the probability of intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe?

-Gen Lee wouldn't count.....

The Drake Equation

Latest resources

Back