Another Comair rumor - 80 Airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJ is Mesaba... not ExpressJet
Wait, Comair guys get preferential hiring with Mesaba?
You better get there and get a higher number than the rest of the Comair guys coming over. Who knows, maybe you'll be senior to some of those old captains you flew with.

Yeppers...

With regard to the IATA codes.. ya, took me a little while to figure out some of them... Comair is OH, Mesaba XJ, Pinnacle 9E.. etc. If you're really bored, there is a great list of all the IATA and ICAO codes for most, if not all airlines in the US/world on Wikipedia.

Last edited:
(enter sarcasm)
Are you telling me ALPA did nothing to preserve your job? They did nothing in helping you find work when you were put on the street!? I am shocked!!! :D

Congrats on the new gig. What are you doing, may I ask?

Interesting. I remember them going out of their way during the bankruptcy. If I remember correctly they were holding seminars for insurance, employment and so on.....

Well, since most rumors have some basis in fact... here's some speculation.

Since by years end Comair will be down to 89 CRJ 100's & 200's, it isn't that far-fetched to see that 89 reduced to 80 by the end of 2009. This is roughly equal to the amount set to come off lease this next year which Delta has already stated that they are not renewing.

Now, that being said...I think Comair only losing 9 airframes this next year might only be a "pipe dream". But I certainly don't know the future and we all know mother Delta changes her mind everytime the breeze up her skirt changes...

Oh and yes, the statement that the current union leadership is unable to pick and choose it's battles is quite true. They are quite myopic as was stated above and even stated in writing that 40-60 pilot jobs were not worth saving if it meant everyone else would have to fly 5 hrs less a month...yes incrediable but true.

As for min. fleet guarantees, aircraft coming off lease are accounted for in the agreement and do not have to be replaced. Sucks to have the oldest RJ fleet in North America.

Last edited:

Some do and some don't. I'm looking at being furloughed with this next round, so I applied with Mesaba exactly the way I was told to do it and have heard nothing back. Maybe they're all Comair'd out?

Some do and some don't. I'm looking at being furloughed with this next round, so I applied with Mesaba exactly the way I was told to do it and have heard nothing back. Maybe they're all Comair'd out?

When did you apply? It took them three weeks before I was contacted for an interview. I believe they will let you know either way with an invite or a thanks, but no thanks letter.

When did you apply? It took them three weeks before I was contacted for an interview. I believe they will let you know either way with an invite or a thanks, but no thanks letter.

It hasn't been three weeks, but close to it.

Latest resources

Back