Another Bad Sign @ Piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typo...so so so sorry. Spar yes.

So are we actually getting the -200's replaced? I mean, I know they are leaving, but are we certain that the -100's are being put in place of them?

LowlyPropCapt said:
We are awfully short on airplanes for the flying we do have, or so it seems to me. Maybe this was just a decision to cover the schedule, who knows?

Rumors continue to abound... The LGA mechs still say the airplanes are going to paint.

We have mechanics in LGA? Call mx control in SBY or Farrow and ask. They will tell you no paint for now.

PropPiedmont said:
We have mechanics in LGA? Call mx control in SBY or Farrow and ask. They will tell you no paint for now.

No suprise that bad info abounds... We are all just mushrooms here!

Yea, I just heard from by bud thats in CQ right now! Seems the 200's will be leaving and there is gonna be a 1 for 1 swap out for them. Yet 2 of those that are swapped out will be Dash 8 300's. That is a done deal, they are used 300's however (Imagine that).
Looks like 45 upgrades in 2006, only due to people leaving! Not sure when the first class is.

Now for the Rumor!!! PSA will be returning CRJ-200's as there leases come up. They will build up to 30 something CRJ-700 and then you might see a possible merge of the two operations. Parker is said to not wanting the CRJ-200's at the WO's. Also US Airways will be taking a big order of 190's (Sure it won't be soon with all the orders out there) that will be flown by mainline pilots.

Please don't shoot the messenger, that is only what I heard!

On the hotel van the other night, a PSA crew said the big rumor over there is that PDT is getting all of their CRJ 200s and they will be a 700 only operator. Did not make much sense to me, but nothing in this industry does....

Like WSurf said, dont shoot the messenger, just what I heard.........also, according to the last union dance in SBY, the next new hire class will "for sure" be in March......so hopefully your life jackets are not too waterlogged yet....

Not to be shooting at you, but has the training department ever told a CQ class bad news?

They are part of management and are trying to keep people around. Every CQ I have ever been to has been filled with positive rumors:

Dash Q400s on the way, PHX base opening, More 300s, More 100s, No lease returns, CRJ 705s on the way, CRJ 200s on the way, 240 new hires and 60 upgrades, Parker likes Dash 8s, paint by summer, growth, growth, growth.

Yet nothing ever seems to happen, except for downsizing. I will always judge PDTs future based on past facts. We all know better not to believe it until we see it when it comes to US Air and Piedmont.

PropPDT is exactly right. Haven't we learned a long time ago at PDT, and hell all the other regionals for that matter, that nothing is ever true until it's in front of you. And even then someone could be pulling the wool over your eyes. PDT is not getting any bigger, and for the moment not any smaller (subject to change). It has a an extremely Senior captain group, meaning no one is in a hurry to leave. This in turn lowers attrition to a stand still (no upgrades since LAST spring). The only thing, and I mean the only positive thing that is still up in the air even, is the CEL list with mainline. If that goes down the $^!tt}r then I think most of us will be stuck where we are at for a long time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back