• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Bad Sign @ Piedmont

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had heard March from a buddy that just got back from CQ. But I had also heard Nov, Jan, and Feb at some point or another, so let the guessing continue...

Dash8301 said:
Last I heard PDT was planning on upgrades and new hires in April of 06. But who knows around here.

I'll crap my pants if it happens in April. We lose one more aircraft line of flying in April. Look at all the base manning lists and the number of lines.

For CAs:
CHO- 4 BU, 4 RSV, 15 Hard
CLT- 4 BU, 6 RSV, 10 Hard
EWN- 3 BU, 4 RSV, 11 Hard
LGA- 2 BU, 2 RSV, 22 Hard
MDT- 5 BU, 6 RSV, 32 Hard
PHF- 2 BU, 3 RSV, 10 Hard
ROA- 5 BU, 4 RSV, 26 Hard
SBY- 4 BU, 9 RSV, 24 Hard
SYR- 2 BU, 1 RSV, 15 Hard

235 Total active Captains with 29.8% of them without hard lines and 16.6% on straight reserve. 165 CAs with a hard line (70%) . That's 70 Captains without hard lines. 31 with Build-ups (13%) and 39 straight reserve (16%) throughout the system.

That's an awful lot for PDT standards. Now figure in one more line disappearing in April.

Heard out of HQ- reason the paint job was put on hold is because we are down an airplane due to hitting a flock of geese and we can't have a plane out for paint since the bird strick plane is out for a while. I've see the plane sitting in SBY without a tail and talked to the capt on the flight and they hit about 8 geese and it bent a spare in the tail.

The Dash has a spare tail? Huh

Spar n. A main structural member in an airplane wing or a tail assembly that runs from tip to tip or from root to tip.

Last edited:
Flyin2low said:

No, he said "a spare in the tail". I'm sure he's talking about the spare tire in the trunk.

Paint permanently cancelled for a bird strike? Doesn't even make sense. Unless they plan on taking 9 months to fix it and we didn't have 2 other spare aircraft.

what's the DOH of the most jr captain there. Just curious where I would stand with a Nov2000 DOH

We are awfully short on airplanes for the flying we do have, or so it seems to me. Maybe this was just a decision to cover the schedule, who knows?

Rumors continue to abound... The LGA mechs still say the airplanes are going to paint.

Flyin2low said:

Spar n. A main structural member in an airplane wing or a tail assembly that runs from tip to tip or from root to tip.

Oh! A Spar! Thanks for the clarification. There's no way we could have figured that out without your great insight. I mean, I know we are talking about airplanes, tails, and structural damage, but who in their right mind would have gotten 'spar' from 'spare'? And the definition was good too. Even though we are all 121 pilots, it was good review. Thanks for the unsolicited flight instruction! Always appreciated!

Sorry, the rant got a little out of control. But just because Zambo typed an extra E on the end of a word there has to be smart comments in the middle of a good (well the news may not be good, but its more than I've heard from the company) thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back