• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Angry Delta pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't it 2 F/O's that put the -ER on the taxiway. Captain sick in back. Can't recall.

Wasn't it 2 F/O's that put the -ER on the taxiway. Captain sick in back. Can't recall.

No, I believe a check airman was sick in back, resulting in no breaks for the Capt and FO on the allnight flight. I suppose the Capt was getting a theatre check out down there.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
No excuse for ldg on a taxiway, none. This incident could have been a disaster if another plane had been on that taxiway. Sure they had a med emerg. So?

When they initially called for taxi, or beginning to taxi, I think they had a delay to CLT. May have set the Capts mood to start, not an excuse for the outburst though. ATL controllers are pretty much by the book and demand read backs, hold short instructions, etc. nothing wrong with that. This deal was just correcting the pilot 'cause he taxied wrong. As far as directions in ATL you taxi just about straight to join M so why would the ctlr say via perpendicular taxiway whatever is there at Ramp 3. The 'Capt Happy' comment was funny. And then another Delta pilot asked if the ctlr wanted him on M or L in jest, and the ctlr was chuckling at that too. Just another day at the airdrome!

Oh yikes! A delay taxiing out in ATL? That never happens.

Latest resources

Back