• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Angry Delta pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hear stuff like this a lot in ATL. Delta folks don't like to be corrected. Apparently they are infallible and it's always somebody else's error.

1. Hope he realized how inappropriate he was and called the tower to apologize when he got to his destination.

2. The poor FO who had to sit there and witness that.

That happens everyday. I've witnessed it first hand.

Descending out of cruise altitude and the FO was talking to me on the JS. Nice dude, nice conversation. CA tells the FO that 'as I previously briefed, I'd like NO talking in the descent'. Now granted we were out of FL350. The FO snapped around like a beat dog and said 'yes sir'.

Meanwhile, the CA went back to reading is Wall Street Journal on his Ipad. I was blown away. That's one of many that I've seen. Hopefully it's not like that very much. Could you imagine flying with CA America on a four day?

And I'll step up and say I've seen some hypocrisy at SW, but not to this level. Not even close.

Descending out of cruise altitude and the FO was talking to me on the JS. Nice dude, nice conversation. CA tells the FO that 'as I previously briefed, I'd like NO talking in the descent'. Now granted we were out of FL350. The FO snapped around like a beat dog and said 'yes sir'.

Meanwhile, the CA went back to reading is Wall Street Journal on his Ipad.

I hope the FO was on probation.

That happens everyday. I've witnessed it first hand.

Meanwhile, the CA went back to reading is Wall Street Journal on his Ipad. I was blown away. That's one of many that I've seen. Hopefully it's not like that very much. Could you imagine flying with CA America on a four day?

And I'll step up and say I've seen some hypocrisy at SW, but not to this level. Not even close.

Jumpseating an old NWA crew vs the Delta crew is diametric in it's differences. It's a mixed bag though and there's no way to accurately testify to which crew is "better" just by jumpseating 8x or more times a month.

To SWA credit they've always been welcoming and very open to questions and jokes.

I'd could give you two horrible NW stories too, but mostly the experience was good.

I'll never forget a certain toolbag NW guy(after the merger...so now DL) that gave me nothing but crap for working at SW (for a good 4hrs). Asked how much I made, poked fun of taxing fast, etc. Anything you could imagine that was anti-SW. I'm not even sure why he let me in the cockpit to be honest with you.

Same flight a week later and the CA is a junior DL Captain. Had a great time with him. He was such a cool dude I gave him a ride home when we got there. Same flight, one week apart and the opposite end of the spectrum. I wouldn't have pissed on the first guy if he was on fire.

1. Hope he realized how inappropriate he was and called the tower to apologize when he got to his destination.

How do you know that wasn't the FO?

Sit in that right seat long enough, you don't come close to asking permission to say what you want:)
Just sayin- I know my people;)

How do you know that wasn't the FO?

Sit in that right seat long enough, you don't come close to asking permission to say what you want:)
Just sayin- I know my people;)

The first voice about three min prior to that rant was probably the FO calling from the ramp ready to taxi.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hear stuff like this a lot in ATL. Delta folks don't like to be corrected. Apparently they are infallible and it's always somebody else's error.

You hear this stuff a lot in ATL? Dramatic much? This CA is being absolutely excoriated by his DL peers. This kind of behavior is not normal and not tolerated.

Two of the most obnoxious, unprofessional, pretentious outburst I have heard in my 28 years of flying were both DAL.
On another note, one of the best jumpseat rides I ever had was a DAL flight in the 90s when they first opened up the cockpit to outsiders.

Latest resources

Back