• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Angry Delta pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, excoriated by delta, while everyone else is just getting a good chuckle:)

That's not the worst exchange I've ever heard- but It is making it's rounds :)
Facebook infamous when my non flying cousin forwards it to me:):)

World we live in- it is nothing if not well documented, FWIW to keep our good graces :)

I find it funny that delta peeps aren't just laughing with the guy- no harm no foul, my bet is that crew had an early morning- and that's it- the controller was chuckling too and WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE with this gig
But c'mon deltoids- while you're excoriating, ever come to think that the root problem is the stick up your arse??

Last edited:
Well, excoriated by delta, while everyone else is just getting a good chuckle:)

That's not the worst exchange I've ever heard- but It is making it's rounds :)
Facebook infamous when my non flying cousin forwards it to me:):)

World we live in- it is nothing if not well documented, FWIW to keep our good graces :)

I find it funny that delta peeps aren't just laughing with the guy- no harm no foul, my bet is that crew had an early morning- and that's it- the controller was chuckling too and WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE with this gig
But c'mon deltoids- while you're excoriating, ever come to think that the root problem is the stick up your arse??

Uhhhhhh, if you had listened to more than just 15 seconds of the tape, the overwhelming number of DL pilots at the same time of this guy's rant acted professional, with good attitudes and treated ATC well. I think we all can come up with examples of pilots behaving poorly at each airline, including Corndogs.

How about you Cornies slow down that taxi speed? You all do it, riiiight?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Some thoughts….

1. his poor wife and/or lucky ex-wife. Imagine what that home life is like.

2. The ATC controller only laughed after someone else told "Captain Happy" to calm down

3. The FAA should really do a psych eval. I'm no doctor, but there is something wrong upstairs. I don't want my family riding on a flight commanded by him.

The DAL dude was totally wrong however that is the rudest, most obnoxious controller in the entire ATL system so I sympathize with Him but you gotta keep your attitude in the cockpit

That guy deserves the Duke treatment with a couple of strong pimp hands.

Say what you want, but that isnt what we have in our cockpits.

Sounded to me like there was some "history" between the players involved.

Perhaps the captain had previously been the victim of ATL ground control's (maybe even this particular controller's) habit of setting and then springing little petty taxi clearance traps.

Sounded like the captain knew ahead of time what the ground controller was going to say before he said it. This was probably just a bit of payback for prior evil behavior on ATL ground's part.

My guess is that the captain was "feeding back" some of ATL ground's own words and phrases.

Was that time compressed or edited with something cut out. If not that guy went from normal to pissed off pretty fast.

Nope. That's the full interaction. I guess Delta dipstick was angry because he didn't explain how he should get to Mike... and a little racist.

CA tells the FO that 'as I previously briefed, I'd like NO talking in the descent'. Now granted we were out of FL350. The FO snapped around like a beat dog and said 'yes sir'.

Meanwhile, the CA went back to reading is Wall Street Journal on his Ipad.
Hopefully he got out his phone an took a picture. Then continued to talk to you. Show CA dumbass the pic and ask if he wants to talk to the chief pilots about it.

Latest resources

Back