Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2, ACL,

We have to impress upon our MEC leadership that they work for, take direction from, and are accountable to, the line pilots as our elected representatives. My observation of our MEC is that it is very top-down. I don't see much two-way communication and when the LEC's pass resolutions the MEC does not care for they are dismissed as the efforts of a few activist single issue malcontents not representative of the pilot group.

We are a bottom-up organization by design, but this MEC, as many others have before them, has partially lost sight of that fact The C44 meeting may have been a shot across the bow, however are they listening??

Watch their feet, not their lips.....

Last edited:
Fly4;

You know I am. It is also true that you will never please 100% of the base. That said. I agree that effective and timely communication is key. When it is covered under a NDA, say so. When you screw up, say so. Do not make excuses, as it gives no one the ability to move on.

FDJ2, ACL,

We have to impress upon our MEC leadership that they work for, take direction from, and are accountable to, the line pilots as our elected representatives. My observation of our MEC is that it is very top-down. I don't see much two-way communication and when the LEC's pass resolutions the MEC does not care for they are dismissed as the efforts of a few activist single issue malcontents not representative of the pilot group.

We are a bottom-up organization by design, but this MEC, as many others have before them, has partially lost sight of that fact The C44 meeting may have been a shot across the bow, however are they listening??

Watch their feet, not their lips.....

The C44 resolution is a shot across the bow, if others follow, it becomes a broadside. If the MEC isn't listening, cut them out of the picture, go directly to your LEC. Demand it from them, while they are not bound by a resolution, they ignore them at great risk. Eventually every LEC is putting out a scope report, the MEC is then forced to either get involved or become marginalized. Believe me, they'll get the picture.

I had the opportunity to give a Wilson Polling rep an earful the other day. I made it clear that scope was my biggest concern.

Unfortunately for every pilot like me there's another who only cares about captain rates.

In any event, here's hoping it will make it to the MEC in one form or another.

Anyone hear what the latest numbers are on the PRIP? And from S at all?

Anyone hear what the latest numbers are on the PRIP? And from S at all?

In the ATL crew lounge I saw on the Deltamatic plasma TV that stated over 60 have taken the PRIP. It sure would be nice if they pumped up the offer a bit and got a few hundred. The 3 month medical thing was just dumb. It should be a couple years at least.

Bye Bye--General Lee

In the ATL crew lounge I saw on the Deltamatic plasma TV that stated over 60 have taken the PRIP. It sure would be nice if they pumped up the offer a bit and got a few hundred. The 3 month medical thing was just dumb. It should be a couple years at least.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I thought I saw in the crew lounge that it was up to 84 on the plasma as of July 1.

I thought I saw in the crew lounge that it was up to 84 on the plasma as of July 1.

Good, I have been off for a few days and haven't seen the new total. I suspect more of the NWA senior guy's wives are pushing them not to become the next 60 year old Captain to fall asleep in the seat and never wake up. Take the money, buy a lake house in Minnesota or a condo in FLA and sail away with great retirement S3B passes that may get you somewhere in October.....(only)

Bye Bye--General Lee

I had the opportunity to give a Wilson Polling rep an earful the other day. I made it clear that scope was my biggest concern.

Unfortunately for every pilot like me there's another who only cares about captain rates.

In any event, here's hoping it will make it to the MEC in one form or another.

If your management was smart, they would offer $300/hr for 747/777 Captain in exchange for DCI flying everything 100 seats and below. You know the greedy pilots would ratify it. ALPA could claim victory and raising the bar in pay. It would be cheap for the company as a very few pilots would actually get $300/hr while at the same time, the company gets cheap rates for everything 100 seats and below since they would be flown by DCI.

Latest resources

Back