Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL,

From the numbers I have there are 229 (160N/69S) pilots who turn 60 by 1/1/2010, and 145 (88N/57S) who were 60 by 1/1/2009. Not sure how many have already retired, but these are all pilots who are prime PRIP candidates assuming they were planning on leaving around 60. Fingers crossed. The biggest thing the Co. could do is to offer firm retirement dates. Who wants to take a PRIP and have the Co. retire you before your 60th and cost you 3% of a frozen pension? Duh....

If your management was smart, they would offer $300/hr for 747/777 Captain in exchange for DCI flying everything 100 seats and below.

Shouldn't take the bait, but I figured out your BTB call sign is fitting because you are so thoroughly full of excrement.

This is comical....pass the popcorn...

PS: We need a lot more ranting.....[/QUOTE]

What we need are a LOT more like minded individuals running in the next LEC elections, from NORTH and SOUTH and replace EVERYONE who is not FIRM and UNCOMPROMISING on scope. We need a complete change in LEC and MEC leadership...including MOAK and the negotiating committee. We all need to take a good hard look at what is happening over at UAL/Air Lingus....it is just a matter of time before the company attempts the same shell game with KLM/Air France. Scope is NOT just about narrow body 100 seat jobs anymore, we need to get in FRONT of this issue. We need an LEC and MEC that are willing to spend a few days in jail to press an issue and effect change. Managements does not play by the rules so why should we?

Please please please...do NOT vote for an incumbant LEC rep unless you personally acertain thier views and votes on scope related issues and whether they support MOAK or not. Again, I have said this before: A vote for Moak is a vote to give away scope.

Yes I will be running, will you? If you are interested further..please pm me.

Still think a majority of the DALN guys are Redbook that are coming up on the age of 60. Imagine those with heavy backround and moderate to large lump sum excess plan payouts will wait it out to 60 to collect. Would you take $100,000-$250,000 in a check or take it in an annuity of $700-800 a month?

Shouldn't you be sniffing Dan's desk chair while he's in DC?

.....no I'm content watching y'all try to corral the horses and get them back in the barn while you complain about your own MEC....pass the salt...

Last edited:
If anything Joe, I would be concerned that there is actually is a group that is going to get just that done. That means stagnation for you.

If anything Joe, I would be concerned that there is actually is a group that is going to get just that done. That means stagnation for you.

His career stagnation is a result of the RJDC throwing in the towel on their attempt to abrogate scope at DAL and a lack of PFT opportunities.

Latest resources

Back