• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is right. If you are counting on LM and the current MEC to hold the line on scope, you are living in a dream world.

Lee Moak's term will be up in another year and a half I believe. In either case, prior to section six negotiations. The remainder of his term will most likely focus on putting two pilot groups together, not negotiating scope.

Our pilot groups have changed and so have our priorities. Few are around who will sell everything for their precious DB promisary note. A larger percentage than ever see the RJ for what it is, replacement flying for the narrow bodied fleet. We've witnessed the absurdity of furloughing mainline pilots while the company replaces them with pilot puppy mill graduates at the DCI potfolio. We've witnessed the greed, pettiness and arrogance of some of DCI portfolio pilots when they attempted to leverage furloughed pilots for more scope concessions, while simultaneously suing to eliminate scope. Two recent scope related resolutions past at LEC 44 against the wishes of some entrenched MEC insiders, the last one overwhelmingly. The details of the resolutions aren't as important as the shot across the bow. It ought to serve as a wake up call. We have a different perspective then we've had in the past. With the LEC elections coming between now and Section six, I expect that the reps will be less inclined to follow the lead of 777 and 767ER captains who have apparently little interest in defending flying that is below their seniority number. Rant over.

Lee Moak's term will be up in another year and a half I believe. In either case, prior to section six negotiations. The remainder of his term will most likely focus on putting two pilot groups together, not negotiating scope.

Our pilot groups have changed and so have our priorities. Few are around who will sell everything for their precious DB promisary note. A larger percentage than ever see the RJ for what it is, replacement flying for the narrow bodied fleet. We've witnessed the absurdity of furloughing mainline pilots while the company replaces them with pilot puppy mill graduates at the DCI potfolio. We've witnessed the greed, pettiness and arrogance of some of DCI portfolio pilots when they attempted to leverage furloughed pilots for more scope concessions, while simultaneously suing to eliminate scope. Two recent scope related resolutions past at LEC 44 against the wishes of some entrenched MEC insiders, the last one overwhelmingly. The details of the resolutions aren't as important as the shot across the bow. It ought to serve as a wake up call. We have a different perspective then we've had in the past. With the LEC elections coming between now and Section six, I expect that the reps will be less inclined to follow the lead of 777 and 767ER captains who have apparently little interest in defending flying that is below their seniority number. Rant over.

Amen!

Sounds like you might be running for FO rep!

FDJ2,

Well said, however we must remain ever vigilant to LOA's or MOU's that might somehow trade a quid here for a Scope pro there. Recall the last MOU was all but signed sealed and delivered before the MEC Reps were briefed.

When the MEC "receives"; resolutions regarding Scope, without taking action, even when it is simply a request to examine, it is an indicator of the prevailing sentiment.

PS: We need a lot more ranting.....

Last edited:
I expect that the reps will be less inclined to follow the lead of 777 and 767ER captains who have apparently little interest in defending flying that is below their seniority number. Rant over.

It's not the reps I worry about. I thought that arrogant prick O"Malley could barely hide his disgust for the line pilots who wanted to know what is going on with scope. He seems like the kind of guy who will ignore any resolutions because he thinks he is smarter than the line pilots.

I think I KNOW WHO I WILL BE VOTING FOR NEXT TIME AROUND......FDJ2 for President........OF THE WORLD. Amen!

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's not the reps I worry about. I thought that arrogant prick O"Malley could barely hide his disgust for the line pilots who wanted to know what is going on with scope. He seems like the kind of guy who will ignore any resolutions because he thinks he is smarter than the line pilots.

And he works at the bequest of the MEC and Moak!

FDJ2,

When the MEC "receives"; resolutions regarding Scope, without taking action, even when it is simply a request to examine, it is an indicator of the prevailing sentiment.

PS: We need a lot more ranting.....

That sentiment will change. It's beginning to change as we speak. While some didn't want scope on the radar, it is now. Rants are good, but we need more than rants, we need activism, we need to attend LEC meetings and question our reps, demand answers and transparency, pass resolutions and let the powers that be know that we at least are not asleep at the switch.

Better yet, lets make sure that we get people in the electable positions that realize what is stake, when we use scope as bargaining credit.

Latest resources

Back