• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, maybe if you keep putting it out there and posting it enough 24/7 as you have been dedicated to doing, they'll determine that the pilots are already resigned to that happening and won't put up a fight.

Perhaps your efforts would be better spent working for your union to prevent this, rather than trying to manipulate public perception and instill Fear, Uncertainty, & Doubt on public message boards ala Ford & Harrison board regulars. (They're the only ones with the time to post all day and all night every day to accomplish this goal...NO line pilot currently employed ANYWHERE in June ALREADY has a schedule THAT clear)
I will have to say, your a nut.

I have a great schedule this month. No complaints here. Also, the union is working on this and many other issues.
Carry on.....

Heyas,

It's not what DALPA wants or doesn't want, or what they'll accept or won't accept on behalf of the south side. The company is holding the trump card. All they have to do is delay the closing of ANC till one day after SOC, and they get what they want.

LM can sit in the corner have have a hissy fit for all he wants, but the company calls the final shot here. In this environment, if RA decides that it's cheaper to do it this way, you can better believe the hammer will come down.

I don't know who's feeding the BS trough in the ATL crew room, but:

Moving UP SOC to before ANC closing IS on the table (or delaying closing until after)

Furlouging from each side IS on the table.

A PRE-SOC AE/VD/MD IS on the table.

Mama DAL is bleeding real money. You can bet if RA makes the case, LM will bite, and if not, RA will force the issue.

It's the NWA way....DALPA can't stop this any more than they could stop the merger.

Nu

Heyas,

It's not what DALPA wants or doesn't want, or what they'll accept or won't accept on behalf of the south side. The company is holding the trump card. All they have to do is delay the closing of ANC till one day after SOC, and they get what they want.

LM can sit in the corner have have a hissy fit for all he wants, but the company calls the final shot here. In this environment, if RA decides that it's cheaper to do it this way, you can better believe the hammer will come down.

I don't know who's feeding the BS trough in the ATL crew room, but:

Moving UP SOC to before ANC closing IS on the table (or delaying closing until after)

Furlouging from each side IS on the table.

A PRE-SOC AE/VD/MD IS on the table.

Mama DAL is bleeding real money. You can bet if RA makes the case, LM will bite, and if not, RA will force the issue.

It's the NWA way....DALPA can't stop this any more than they could stop the merger.

Nu

I agree Nu. Problem is that they would have to get their six in gear to the the 742 on the cert. To that ends they can threaten DALPA that they will delay SOC and furlough from our side.
IMHO, they are really pushing for a Oct/Nov SOC. I know the joint AE is on the table, and yes furloughs are on the table.

IMHO after July 10th is going to be very interesting.

I wasn't full of crud when I made this statement last Thursday, and I am not now. The 5% international and 4% domestic is a major game changer.

At least DAL is still forecasting a profit for the year.

Ole Reliable ACL info

I think that is the point of my pessimisim. I am a half full guy, but I am not bullish on any of this.

They have a plan for next year and it is showing +450 for staffing already for Spring 2010. That is not good at all.

I do not see us keeping our planned capacity for summer 2010 anywhere near where the plan is. Why? Because you cannot add that many seats and charge much for them. We need to get pricing power back before we even talk about adding seats.

The guys making the plan have clearly stated that long term forecasting is not worth much these days. Why? People are not buying tickets three to six months in advance. More like a week to two. Three tops. It means that all of these computer models that we have do not tell us jack. It is a best guess, I assure you. I am not trying to diminish that point.

DAL wants to keep staffing positioned to move when the economy turns. Many people think late 2010 at the earliest. I personally think by what I am seeing it might be some time in mid to late 2011 before we really see any justifiable movement in the GDP and or unemployment rate.

Yes, I am pessimistic. Plan accordingly. (Planes are full but that does not mean jack. We just readjusted our forecast to 0-2% margin before one time items. To me that means 200 million plus in losses this quarter!)

...But what about the baby boom, which according to your schedule, should be right about SOC/furlough?

03-11-2009, 06:05 AM #85 (permalink) acl65pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Out by the grill cooking some burgers, and trying to read the Tea Leaves!

"Delta Capacity Cuts" thread ALPC
" This pull down will not result in furloughs. The last displacements planned for this if we decided not to do it, we would have had a reinstatement.
DAL is about 150~ or so pilot fat going in to the summer
Post SOC the joint company will be about 160~ or so short.
Needless to say go get your wives pregnant. "

Last edited:
...But what about the baby boom, which according to your schedule, should be right about SOC/furlough?

03-11-2009, 06:05 AM #85 (permalink) acl65pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Out by the grill cooking some burgers, and trying to read the Tea Leaves!

"Delta Capacity Cuts" thread ALPC
" This pull down will not result in furloughs. The last displacements planned for this if we decided not to do it, we would have had a reinstatement.
DAL is about 150~ or so pilot fat going in to the summer
Post SOC the joint company will be about 160~ or so short.
Needless to say go get your wives pregnant. "

Have you heard of sarcasm.(Also it was directed at one individual who had a very pregnant wife. He got it)
And the quote that you have dug up was from the last round of cuts, not this one. Also go pull the one that states that if there was another round of capacity pull downs (like the one announced last Thursday) that I could see furloughs.

But, once again thanks for playing!

Everyone who pulls it up knows exactly the intent during your earlier blue kool-aid period...one guy with "wives"...wow.
How many times have you backtracked on about everything you post both places. and still expect people to take you seriously?

Seriously though...is your union so "fat" on volunteers that they don't need someone that could dedicate morning, noon, night, and overnight to the pilot's cause? ...Or is that not your REAL cause?

Everyone who pulls it up knows exactly the intent during your earlier blue kool-aid period...one guy with "wives"...wow.
How many times have you backtracked on about everything you post both places. and still expect people to take you seriously?

Seriously though...is your union so "fat" on volunteers that they don't need someone that could dedicate morning, noon, night, and overnight to the pilot's cause? ...Or is that not your REAL cause?

As stated before. It is what is being stated at the time. Period nothing more than that.

Who says I do not volunteer? I bet the answer would surprise you.

Latest resources

Back