Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An airbus that would not exit the holding pattern? Few years ago...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CA of mine told me that there was a United A320 that would not exit the holding pattern a few yeara ago. The crew had to pull quite a few breakers to finally get the airplane out of the pattern.

Any truth to it? I was trying to find it under the FAA's database but nothing.

Um, how about "pull for selected"? I think before I'd go pulling "quite a few" CBs in flight I'd just FLY THE *#!&% AIRPLANE!

I'd say Cappie's pulling your chain...

Um, how about "pull for selected"? I think before I'd go pulling "quite a few" CBs in flight I'd just FLY THE *#!&% AIRPLANE!

I'd say Cappie's pulling your chain...

The way it was presented to him, pulling the heading knob did nothing. No matter what the crew did the plane would not get out of managed mode. Or whatever you guys call it when the knob is in.

But I don't know anything about the bus (for the moment), neither does he so I guess he was screwing with me LOL... It did sound like a story that would make a good urban myth. Had it happened I am sure it would qualify as an FAA reportable event so it would be in the data base.

A Dual RA failure will cause the bus to go into Direct Law when you put the gear down.. Talk about flying two completely different airplanes..

Maybe that was a mod as a result of this incident?????

Naw, I got my 320 type in 1989 and that was what we were taught about the radio altimeters way back then also. The holding story was also going around way back then too. It is all BS.

Last edited:
All either BS or stupidity..push the little red button on the stick, press the IPB buttons on the thrust levers, fly the airplane!!

All either BS or stupidity..push the little red button on the stick, press the IPB buttons on the thrust levers, fly the airplane!!

THANK YOU!!! You took the words out of my mouth.

Latest resources

Back