Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR pilots; how many on furlough, when do you expect recalls to start?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ksu_aviator said:
At least he looks at things with a positive attitude.

I'm betting you voted for Kerry? Am I right?

No, Kit Darby is selling. All he is, is a salesman. And the number one thing that Kit Darby is selling is himself, that's what all salesmen do. Sure they are selling a product, but more importantly he is selling himself selling the product. He could make a poopy flavored popsicle sound appetizing.

ksu_aviator said:
At least he looks at things with a positive attitude.

I'm betting you voted for Kerry? Am I right?

ok I am sorry, let me get Mr. Trolley out, here he comes, choo choo, its a wonderful day in the neighborhood, everything is great, the birds are singing, hello Mr. Birdee, tweet tweet, about 5000 guys are furloughed majors+regional pilots combined

won't you be my neighbor

Kerry? What does he have to do with things? ?!?!?!

satpak77 said:
about 5000 guys are furloughed majors+regional pilots combined

Satpak, you're an eternal optomist. I think that the number's much higher.
If AMR's 2800+
UAL's ~1800
USAirways' ~2000
DAL not sure; I think that they're ~1000
NWAC not sure; I think that they're ~600

That's 8200 or so with just those airlines. Anyone feel free to jump in and correct the numbers above along with adding to the body count.
But don't worry; I'm sure that Kit Darby will tell us that 2006 will be the best year ever for pilot hiring.

Andy said:
Satpak, you're an eternal optomist. I think that the number's much higher.
If AMR's 2800+
UAL's ~1800
USAirways' ~2000
DAL not sure; I think that they're ~1000
NWAC not sure; I think that they're ~600

That's 8200 or so with just those airlines. Anyone feel free to jump in and correct the numbers above along with adding to the body count.
But don't worry; I'm sure that Kit Darby will tell us that 2006 will be the best year ever for pilot hiring.

Holy smokes batman, thats worse than Kit Darby told me

I am sure however that the neighborhood will improve soon and the Trolley will be tooting his horn soon

Don't forget, we can always "get a job" with FedEx or UPS or if we "want", we can "go to" Southwest

yes yes thats it, more cool-aid! The hiring outlook is great!

Stay Positive!

quote:
"At least he looks at things with a positive attitude."

Oh come on....wake up. He looks at things with dollar signs in his eyes, pure and simple.

You need to read Andy's post about 30 times, then maybe it will sink in. And while you are doing it, add the soon-to-be-furloughed guys from several regionals to the list of 8000-9000 furloughed. Aren't the regionals the place where all the hiring is supposed to be??

Last edited:
JohnDoe said:
quote:
"At least he looks at things with a positive attitude."

Oh come on....wake up. He looks at things with dollar signs in his eyes, pure and simple.

You need to read Andy's post about 30 times, then maybe it will sink in. And while you are doing it, add the soon-to-be-furloughed guys from several regionals to the list of 8000-9000 furloughed. Aren't the regionals the place where all the hiring is supposed to be??

aw come on, be positive

AA FO's are running at 18 years before Captain

be positive

ksu_aviator said:
I'm really tired of these types of remarks. Get over it! It was a down turn and not the end of the world! If you want to look for the negative in everything than you'll find it very difficult to get a job.

The majors and legacies may not be interviewing everyone that throws in an app, but then again, it isn't an entitlement. If you want a job with a major, go earn it. But don't come on here to cry and whine about how bad everything is and whoa is me bs. You all sound like little children. If you can't have it now, you are going to throw a fit. Well grow up.

You're lecturing guys on furlough about being pessimistic? You've got some brass ones, buddy.

Now feel free to go back to your regularly-programmed, Air Inc dream-job-is-just-around-the-corner-if-your-motivated catatonic delusion.

KSU is counting Gulfstream's PFT program as "hiring"

BE POSITIVE!!! THINGS ARE GREAT!!!

Last edited:
ksu_aviator said:
I'm really tired of these types of remarks. Get over it! It was a down turn and not the end of the world! If you want to look for the negative in everything than you'll find it very difficult to get a job.

The majors and legacies may not be interviewing everyone that throws in an app, but then again, it isn't an entitlement. If you want a job with a major, go earn it. But don't come on here to cry and whine about how bad everything is and whoa is me bs. You all sound like little children. If you can't have it now, you are going to throw a fit. Well grow up.

This has got to be about the least "enlightened" comment I've seen on this board in a while (that's tough to do if you have a both a brain and a soul that aren't inop). Ever hear of Karma, "bro"?

be positive !!!

go "earn" your major job! wait....8000 people who already did that are on the street...ooops

be postive!

the KSU Aviation department needs the cool-aid for its own self-sustainment

be positive!

Gulfstream is hiring! As is Focus Air! Fly a 747! Oh yeah, FedEx is hiring too!

jobs galore! stop complaining and go "get one"!!!

be positive

Latest resources

Back