Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR pilots; how many on furlough, when do you expect recalls to start?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget, we can always "get a job" with FedEx or UPS or if we "want", we can "go to" Southwest

yes yes thats it, more cool-aid! The hiring outlook is great!

Stay Positive!

SatPak77--Forget what I was saying. I now see why you don't think things are improving. There are a lot of "qualified" pilots that are looking for work.

Enjoy your current position because it's going to be a long time before you can catch a ride on that Trolley, "Neighbor".

For everyone else, if you remember how bad it was in 2003 I think you will agree that things are looking better. Most airlines have stopped furloughing and a few are recalling or hiring. That's what improvement means.

Mr. Rogers (AKA satpak77) doesn't remember that far back because he was probably busy working on his MEI.

I prefer to be optimistic and that's after two furloughs and 6 airlines in the last 10 years. :beer:

FurloughedTwice said:
SatPak77--Forget what I was saying. I now see why you don't think things are improving. There are a lot of "qualified" pilots that are looking for work.

Enjoy your current position because it's going to be a long time before you can catch a ride on that Trolley, "Neighbor".

For everyone else, if you remember how bad it was in 2003 I think you will agree that things are looking better. Most airlines have stopped furloughing and a few are recalling or hiring. That's what improvement means.

Mr. Rogers (AKA satpak77) doesn't remember that far back because he was probably busy working on his MEI.

I prefer to be optimistic and that's after two furloughs and 6 airlines in the last 10 years. :beer:

I just changed my Avatar

won't you be my neighbor

FURLOUGH

ABX - 16
ALOHA- 30
AMR - 2855
ATA - 275
DAL - 475
HAWAIIAN - 98
INDEPENDENCE - 1525
NWA - 673/120 more by 2QTR 06.
SUN COUNTRY - 100
UAL - 1900
USA - 1900
USA 3000 - 4

HIRING

AAI
ALK
ALLEGIANT
CHAMPION
EVERGREEN
FDX
FRNT
GEMINI
KALITTA
JBLU
NORTH AMERICAN
OMNI
RYAN
SWA
SOUTHERN AIR
UPS
WORLD

80drvr said:
Yes. APA is the France of labor unions...conceding before negotiations even start.

80drvr, that says it all! Thanks for the laugh.

I should post that on C & R, if it hasn't been done already.

I am planning on bypassing until I can hold a CA line in LAX. That should be.... In 2030 - of course I would be 75 years old. That should be legal by then, so no worries!

AAflyer said:
When did USA 3000 furlough?

Thanks,

AA

Furloughed 4 guys in first week of indoc last Oct. Pretty crappy, huh. Co. said the hurricane in Cancun caused them to cancel one a/c for the winter. The good news I heard 2 are now with Jet Blue and 1 was able to go to previous employer with his seniority. I don't know about the last one.

Ex737Driver said:
FURLOUGH

ABX - 16
ALOHA- 30
AMR - 2855
ATA - 275
DAL - 475
HAWAIIAN - 98
INDEPENDENCE - 1525
NWA - 673/120 more by 2QTR 06.
SUN COUNTRY - 100
UAL - 1900