Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR pilots; how many on furlough, when do you expect recalls to start?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You got any better ideas on what to do in Mumbai while getting free internet and racking up Marriott points? ;)

Hey, X, I only keep the tequilla around for you. I never touch the stuff--it makes me wanna be dead! :smash: :puke: TC

Sky Dog is right.

You need a hobby. Go get that 911 so you can polish it with a diaper everynight.

Or better yet, buy my 64 Harley. You know, of course, the bikes of that era are maintenance free!

Uh oh, slagpile's here! Quick TC, hide the tequlia and keep him away from your windows!:eek:

X

I beg to differ Monkey,

It was TC urinating out of "MY" 4th floor window.

FurloughedTwice said:
Supposedly they are short pilots with their current schedule but they are talking about going to Pref Bidding. That won't help the recalls.

Can you explain the Perf Bidding thing and why that would hurt recalls?

ERJFO,

It is a more efficient way of scheduling. Requiring less crewmembers.
Start up costs? Of course, however, it is a win-win in a stable or growing environment.

OH. You mean the Mustang window!

NEVERMIND.

I don't suppose you could go sling poop at Michael Jackson and let me forget that hangover?

I didn't think so............God I hate primates.

AAslag said:
...God I hate primates.

Good thing you got outta AA... ;)TC

P.S.--I know something got chipped in that window incident. Was it the window or Slag's teeth? :D

ERJFO said:
Can you explain the Perf Bidding thing and why that would hurt recalls?

Preferential bidding is where pilots load their trip preferences rather than choose from prebuilt lines. The computer takes a number of factors into account and then spits out a schedule for the month. It saves a company ~5% in manpower.
How does this make scheduling more efficient?
First, when a pilot takes vacation, it's already factored into the line that he receives. Under old UAL policy, any trips that were touched by vacation time were dropped. Getting rid of this little bennie saves a fairly healthy chunk of manpower.
Second, preferential bidding requires less reserves due to less trip dropping, trading, and example 1 above.

I don't know all of the details, but I was told by someone at Northwest a long time ago (pre 911) that preferential bidding saves 5% in manpower requirements. I believe it. Unfortunately, it's the future of airline scheduling. It may sound like a win-win, but management wouldn't be pushing for it if it didn't save them manpower requirements.

Latest resources

Back