• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Merger will erode Pilot Retirement Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess no one here is a Lord of the Rings fan....

Competitiveness is entirely dependent on the supply of pilots available. If the mainlines dumped the RJ operators and replaced them with 737s in those markets, turboprop time would be the qualification you needed to get hired.

This is a guy who gets it-

Good post- far and away- most pilots at regionals fly whatever plane they have to fly to get to the majors
I know it's LOTR- but it still looks like a 'radio-active hoohaw'
(could be fun....once:beer::nuts: )

As a former "tail-hooker" myself, I would stipulate that when the "Eagles" and "Expresses" and the like started to happen, mid eighties..if the major pilot groups had pushed the issue to staple the regional partners to their seniority lists, none of this would have happened....but nooooo hell we couldn't even get jumpseats on the "big boys"...too busy looking after themselves...and it came back to bite them didnt it....you made the bed, sleep in it...stop whingeing about scope...you deserve it...

Read my posts... I never said I gave up the scope, it happend well before my watch started. I have said that I'm tired of you regional/feeder guys whining about major jobs. Get in line and take a number. And when you get here and fly with me don't look around w/ that $hit eating grin and tell me how much greater it is than Mesa... guess what? It used to be much, much better than Mesa.

Guys like you have diluted the mentality at the majors. It used to be much better. Guys like you are happy w/ the status quo and don't want to fight for higher wages and vote for your future. You are all worried about being furloughed and wont fight for your future.

I come on this board for the first time in months and have to hear you guys whine about not getting into the majors due to American and USair possibly getting together.

You are part of the problem... your 70 and 90 seaters flying OUR routes... it's life and we deal w/ it on the top. But to hear one of you complain about it???? Well it just shows me how naive you "feeder" guys are... and how I am tired of your new big shiny jet syndrome and "this is so much better than Mesa" attitude.

Don't worry... I'll time out in 22 years. Until then...

Tail

Good stuff there super star- I love getting lectured about airline life from some mid-40's self-entitled military brat with half my qualifications and accomplishments. Get in line? What are the chances most civilian pilots were way more qualified for the job than you were?
Now I respect our mil pilots and proud of your service- but one of the main reasons major airlines have voted scope away is because they didn't want a mainline pay rate as low as the RJ would command bc they didn't want to subject the self titled military sky gods to it- now bc of that mentality, you have those rates anyway.
You're a fool hookah and just don't get that YOU are the problem, not the pilots you so freely berate-

Hah the "Us vs. Them" between the main line and the regionals, what a wonderful gift we as pilots have given to management, a gift that keeps on giving.

Latest resources

Back