• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Merger will erode Pilot Retirement Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are you talking about? Lee himself has clearly stated that no such rift between legacy and contract carrier exists.

I was wondering how long it would take for blame to shift to military pilots.

Well done.

It's not "military pilots" 90%+ are great people-
It's military pilots with this dude's mentality-

Good stuff there super star- I love getting lectured about airline life from some mid-40's self-entitled military brat with half my qualifications and accomplishments. Get in line? What are the chances most civilian pilots were way more qualified for the job than you were?
Now I respect our mil pilots and proud of your service- but one of the main reasons major airlines have voted scope away is because they didn't want a mainline pay rate as low as the RJ would command bc they didn't want to subject the self titled military sky gods to it- now bc of that mentality, you have those rates anyway.
You're a fool hookah and just don't get that YOU are the problem, not the pilots you so freely berate-

"Half my accomplishments and qualifications"... Have you piss tested recently? While you were yanking gear in and out of mke, many of us were flying at 300' trying to avoid Sams... I'm sure your "accomplishments" are amazing....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Good stuff there super star- I love getting lectured about airline life from some mid-40's self-entitled military brat with half my qualifications and accomplishments. Get in line? What are the chances most civilian pilots were way more qualified for the job than you were?
Now I respect our mil pilots and proud of your service- but one of the main reasons major airlines have voted scope away is because they didn't want a mainline pay rate as low as the RJ would command bc they didn't want to subject the self titled military sky gods to it- now bc of that mentality, you have those rates anyway.
You're a fool hookah and just don't get that YOU are the problem, not the pilots you so freely berate-

You flew the 1900, CRJ and now the 737. Wow, those are some quals to brag about. We are now going to get into a pi$$ing contest b/c I have stated some facts about you young newbies that don't get this industry and are complaining about slow upgrades, not getting into the majors and being stuck for awhile. All I did was point out that many of you newbies got those fast upgrades in record time into 50, 70 and 90 seat jets at my expense.

So now when you are slinging my gear, I just don't like to tolerate your lack of industry knowledge. Go ask your 50 year old AA F/O who's been there 20 years and hasn't upgraded yet. Go complain to him about your lack of upward progress while you are 28 and CA of a 90 seater that stole his flying...

That's my point there slick... many of us "super stars" were out on furlough after being at our major for years and couldn't find work flying a blimp while you newbies were high fiving in the crew room at 24 congratulating yourselves on your quick upgrades in jets.

Many of you have never flown turbo props... I see you did. That puts you at the bottom of the upper half of qualifications... don't sell yourself short... you have a long way to go before you exceed my and my peers qualifications...

Tailhookah

Not all Navy wreak like this squid. Blame your fellow pilot brothers for the stagnant industry? Love them props, I hope you got to fly COD.

You flew the 1900, CRJ and now the 737. Wow, those are some quals to brag about. We are now going to get into a pi$$ing contest b/c I have stated some facts about you young newbies that don't get this industry and are complaining about slow upgrades, not getting into the majors and being stuck for awhile. All I did was point out that many of you newbies got those fast upgrades in record time into 50, 70 and 90 seat jets at my expense.

So now when you are slinging my gear, I just don't like to tolerate your lack of industry knowledge. Go ask your 50 year old AA F/O who's been there 20 years and hasn't upgraded yet. Go complain to him about your lack of upward progress while you are 28 and CA of a 90 seater that stole his flying...

That's my point there slick... many of us "super stars" were out on furlough after being at our major for years and couldn't find work flying a blimp while you newbies were high fiving in the crew room at 24 congratulating yourselves on your quick upgrades in jets.

Many of you have never flown turbo props... I see you did. That puts you at the bottom of the upper half of qualifications... don't sell yourself short... you have a long way to go before you exceed my and my peers qualifications...

Tailhookah

Is it possible that you're attacking the symptom here and not the disease?

Hook-
What are the chances that's half my resume?
Do you know I flew the RJ when out on furlough from my legacy? Furloughed and then job outsourced- inexcusable
There's just no room for guys who don't get it. There's too much work to be done. There's been too much damage done-
We all have to see it for what it is and realize that major airline pilots- even a younger me, didn't get it in 2000, and have hurt ourselves and the legacy of our career bc we weren't strong enough and unified enough to stop it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back