• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who says it necessarily has to be terminated? It's some pretty heavy leverage, however.

AE has mostly 37/50 seat airplanes that are so economically obsolete that AMR want to sell the whole kit and kaboodle . . .only there's no market for an obsolete airline.

Maybe farm out the small jet stuff to contractors and bring as many 70-90 seat jets to AA as they want.

Oh, and any pilots from mergers, acquisitions, on furlough, etc. do NOT count in the 7300.

Apparently no WARN letters went out, so the Oct 1 furloughs are off the tabvle. I'm not really keeping up with the 7300 number, but it definitely sounds like the APA has the ball in their court. Hopefully, they'll get a few more guys back on property as an outcome.

Apparently no WARN letters went out, so the Oct 1 furloughs are off the tabvle. I'm not really keeping up with the 7300 number, but it definitely sounds like the APA has the ball in their court. Hopefully, they'll get a few more guys back on property as an outcome.

Actually as the contract is written, recalling furloughees won't help because they are almost all TWA now, which don't count towards the 7300 floor. However, of course, everything is negotiable.

And in the meantime, the numbers of early retirees climbs. Could well be a long line of guys walking out the door on 30 Aug.

Could well be a long line of guys walking out the door on 30 Aug.

Sure hope so: Anybody even remotely close to retirement and with half a brain ougth to bail asap before more doo hits the fan.

I would, but some of these guys are all ego and without a fancy Captain's job they are nothing...Fly till ya die.:puke:

Today a buddy told me the APA is suggesting to its membership that they shouldn't anticipate an agreement on the furloguh mitigation deal.

What does this do to possible furloughs and or recalls?

You guys are unreal. You write a contract provisions that purposefully exclude TWA and Reno pilots? No wonder you're labor relations are all screwed up.

If I am missing something I apologize ahead of time.

Gup

I think it actually benefits ALL the pilots. In short, a way to keep management from shrinking the airline below 7300.

I think it actually benefits ALL the pilots. In short, a way to keep management from shrinking the airline below 7300.

Ding, ding, ding!

If we were to have included all TWA/Reno pilots, it would've taken longer to hit the floor. Nothing personal.

aa73,

Question is, do we see furloughs first or recalls?

More importantly, when?

Lots of moving parts right now. Factors are the shortage of pilots now, the drawdown of flight/aircraft, and most importantly, the number 30 Aug retirements.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back