• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it actually benefits ALL the pilots. In short, a way to keep management from shrinking the airline below 7300.

I hear what you're saying but seems like it would have been just as easy to add XX number of pilots to the floor and include all your brothers into the equation thus raising the floor. Guess it's just me.

Gup

I hear what you're saying but seems like it would have been just as easy to add XX number of pilots to the floor and include all your brothers into the equation thus raising the floor. Guess it's just me.

Gup
The point of the clause was that they couldn't buy another airline to fix their floor problems. So Reno and TWA don't count against the 7300. This is VERY good. It actually motivates the company to recall EVERY TWA pilots and get down to the 500 or so natives that are below TWA, and then hire more off the street.

Otherwise they could just buy Airtran, park the jets and say screw you to us...

Adding TWA would do nothing other than reward management for aquiring airlines which is something we definately don't want.

Cheers
Wino

Lots of moving parts right now. Factors are the shortage of pilots now, the drawdown of flight/aircraft, and most importantly, the number 30 Aug retirements.

All correct... to which I might add, the Co has not sent out WARN letters on Aug 1... so the Oct 1 furlough date will not happen. IMO they will not furlough.

Guppy--You don't understand AMR. You can't just go in and ask them for a re-write of the contract. You have to give up something (generally worth ten times what you get in return) to get what you want.

There is a reason AMR has the worst labor relations in the business--they've EARNED it. TC

AA73--I agree with no furloughs. Word on the street is that they had to announce some pilot furloughs since 1700 mechanics are going. The FA furloughs got mitigated by PLOA's and early outs. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back