AMR furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, and no WARN letters sent out.

Don't think they will furlough, reserves are flying up to 98 hours per month..

Nuff said.

I had heard that WARN letters don't have to be sent if there aren't enough people affected that reside in one specific area. Any truth in this?

200 pilots spread about the country might meet that requirement.

stlflyguy

Not sure..Thought WARN have to be sent anytime reduction in force due to unexpected economic, etc....

I should know, 5 furloughs and counting.:(

I'm certain that the company will issue either WARN letters or formal notification to the union if any furloughs are pending.

If AA does furlough, they could expect a very ugly reaction. Pilots that just quit jobs in the last year to return to AA, just to be dumped back in the street like itinerant day-labor, will probably not be inclined to work with enthusiasm up to the last day. Nor will it help the already rock-bottom relationship with the APA that Mr. Arpey has cultivated in the past few years.

Further, any layoffs, along with the high number of early retirements, will exacerbate the probably already violated 7300 AA pilot staffing floor when the APA can force the divestiture of American Eagle.

Further, any layoffs, along with the high number of early retirements, will exacerbate the probably already violated 7300 AA pilot staffing floor when the APA can force the divestiture of American Eagle.

I thought falling below the 7300 mark meant that:

4. Cockpit Crewmember Floor.
In the event that the number of cockpit crewmembers employed by the
Company on the American Airlines Pilots Seniority List goes below 7300, the
parties agree that the commuter exception contained in this Section D. shall be
terminable at the option of APA following a 90-day period to provide an
opportunity for discussion. If APA elects to require termination of the commuter
exception, the Company shall thereafter have a reasonable time to complete
the disposition of the operations covered by this Section D. during which period
the parties shall meet in good faith and discuss the issues related to such
termination. Pilots added to the American Airlines Pilots Seniority List by way of
seniority merger shall not count in calculating the number of cockpit
crewmembers for purposes of this section 4.

Wouldnt that mean all regional flying regardless of wholly owned or not would be ended? I dont see how divesting Eagle would be a win for APA in regards to this 7300 issue.

I thought falling below the 7300 mark meant that:

4. Cockpit Crewmember Floor.
In the event that the number of cockpit crewmembers employed by the
Company on the American Airlines Pilots Seniority List goes below 7300, the
parties agree that the commuter exception contained in this Section D. shall be
terminable at the option of APA following a 90-day period to provide an
opportunity for discussion. If APA elects to require termination of the commuter
exception, the Company shall thereafter have a reasonable time to complete
the disposition of the operations covered by this Section D. during which period
the parties shall meet in good faith and discuss the issues related to such
termination. Pilots added to the American Airlines Pilots Seniority List by way of
seniority merger shall not count in calculating the number of cockpit
crewmembers for purposes of this section 4.

Wouldnt that mean all regional flying regardless of wholly owned or not would be ended? I dont see how divesting Eagle would be a win for APA in regards to this 7300 issue.

I don't think the TWA guys count, and if they furlough guys that are mostly ex TWA pilots, it may not go below that number. (That is what I was told by an AA Captain)

Bye Bye--General Lee

As I understand it, he's wrong. The number of TWA pilots is irrelevant in the calculation of the 7300 pilot floor. They have to be either nAAtives or former Air Cal. Reno and TWA don't count. If pilots are currently recalled at a rate keeping pace with retirements then the number of nAAtives still decreases as all recalls right now are former TWA.

I guess this allows APA the option to terminate the exception to the scope clause that allows commuter operations.

stlflyguy

Latest resources

Back