• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Corporation Plans to Divest American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually the pilots here are pretty happy, we will be happier to get rid of such horrible management.

Wow, if it really did happen, then the OO empire would be HUGE!! Personally I'm not holding my breath though. I've heard zero rumors on the SKW side, so I think you guys are probably safe...
Or are you... ;) (jk)

I think my money is on MQ becoming independent ala Express or Comair. I mean, all that AA flying they do isn't going to just go away.

Then again, it would be interesting to see OO flying for AA. Stranger things have happened. I guess the only thing I'm sure of is that I'm going to the jet in 9 months. :)

-Goose

Last edited:
Actually the pilots here are pretty happy, we will be happier to get rid of such horrible management.

If it did happen, let's just hope that SGU doesn't botch it like they did with ASA. I think it would be much easier as a manager to maintain employee trust, rather than have to regain it.

But then again, I'm a rare breed that believes in employee satisfaction to begin with.

-Goose

Jerry Atkin was asked about buying other regionals several months ago and he said that buying other regionals is a waste of money but ASA was bought because it was basically forced on them if they wanted to keep the Delta codeshare. He said that Skywest, Inc. wants "assets", not people.

Jerry Atkin.......He said that Skywest, Inc. wants "assets", not people.

That is what is troublesome about management these days to me. Your employees should be seen as assets. Take a look at ASA's performance since our contract was settled. I believe there is a correlation between the two. Take a look at Southwest Airlines and it's model.

Not a dig at you Erlanger, just using what you heard as a sounding board.

I know there is a difference in what an "asset" is in his statement, but by gosh, invest in your people and they will go above and beyond for you.

Last edited:
I won't say I told you so. It may or may not be a bad deal for eagle people. What happens to the eagle contract? Is there a successorship clause? The problem is you're stuck with rj's that are just too small, and will be phased out due to increasing slot limitations and economics. APA has a strong lock on the scope clause (larger aircraft can't be flown simply by contracting out the flying). They have some real union leadership running the show now that would just as soon burn the place down than give away scope. What was that proverb about living in interesting times?

I haven't heard any eagle rumors around OO either. The hot rumor here is 100 CRJ 1000's for Southwest over the next 3-4 years. No scope at Southwest and I have talked to Southwest pilots who say they also have heard a codeshare with a regional partner. Probably will be announced next year sometime. Remember this is all just a rumor!

Latest resources

Back