• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR can abandon pilots' union contract -judge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if the company exits the jointly agreed upon contract does that then allow the pilots to due the same? Strike sickout whatever? They aren't under a jointly agreed upon contract.

This^^^

Retirement Heist should be required reading for all airline employees.

Professional management was not the "problem". The problem was that the funds were not locked away in some sort of protected account. The corporations still had access to them, and the predictable happened.

With all due respect, yes you are.

Reno and TWA are ancient history. No matter what heartburn those memories may cause, they are irrelevant to what is happening to APA pilots now.

Gonna have to disagree here. "Ancient history" is a convenient way to pretend that previous wrongs are irrelevant.

A group that once had a lot of muscle and took pleasure in using it is now suddenly on the other side of the equation, and about to learn a powerful lesson regarding the abuse of asymmetric power.

I'm sure many AA pilots told TWA pilots "nothing personal, just business". I hope they have the internal consistency to repeat that phrase to themselves now.

if the company exits the jointly agreed upon contract does that then allow the pilots to due the same? Strike sickout whatever? They aren't under a jointly agreed upon contract.

Short answer is no. Long answer is go look up the NWA flight attendants 1113 case.

if the company exits the jointly agreed upon contract does that then allow the pilots to due the same? Strike sickout whatever?

I don't think the RLA will allow them to strike, as unfair as that seems.

I don't think the RLA will allow them to strike, as unfair as that seems.

I assume everyone is fairly pissed off, can they vote to decertify the union, then just have some sort of non-union organized strike? I would think you could only fire so many people in any given day.

Gonna have to disagree here. "Ancient history" is a convenient way to pretend that previous wrongs are irrelevant.

A group that once had a lot of muscle and took pleasure in using it is now suddenly on the other side of the equation, and about to learn a powerful lesson regarding the abuse of asymmetric power.

I'm sure many AA pilots told TWA pilots "nothing personal, just business". I hope they have the internal consistency to repeat that phrase to themselves now.

Good post. I'm sure there are many that secretly feel the Nordstrom pilots should have their turn at losing homes, retirements and families.

Good post. I'm sure there are many that secretly feel the Nordstrom pilots should have their turn at losing homes, retirements and families.

Exactly. By the way, aren't AA pilots roughly the highest paid passenger carrier? If so, how can the airline compete against airlines with considerably lower pay scales?

"...aren't AA pilots roughly the highest paid passenger carrier? "

Whaaat...??

NO.

Even in the 90's they were actually one of the LOWEST paid Majors.

They still are even today. Of the 6 Legacy carriers,only United and UsAirways pay less than American.

Delta, Hawaiian, Alaska all pay significantly more.

That doesn't even include Southwest and a few others....

Welcome to 2012.

:)

YKW

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back