AMR can abandon pilots' union contract -judge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Patriot328

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012...eedType=RSS&feedName=industrialsSector&rpc=43

UPDATE 1-AMR can abandon pilots' union contract -judge

NEW YORK, Sept 4 | Tue Sep 4, 2012 5:38pm EDT

(Reuters) - A judge on Tuesday ruled that AMR Corp, the bankrupt parent of American Airlines, can abrogate its collective bargaining agreement with its unionized pilots.
Judge Sean Lane issued his ruling from the bench at a hearing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan, saying the company successfully corrected certain issues that had caused him to reject its earlier same request.
AMR, which is seeking to save more than $1 billion a year in labor costs, can now unilaterally impose temporary work terms on its pilots as the sides continue to hash out long-term deals.

That's going to result in very motivated employees who will really go out of their way to make the company successful :)

You aren't slaves-
Don't work a day for AMR until all bonuses funded by your concessions are repaid.
Walk away. It's 100% your decision, but I wouldn't spend one ounce of my energy for those people.
That sucks guys, All my friends there, I'm with you.

News Flash:

AMR Management has been given a waver from the local goverment and the SPCA to beat their pit bulls.

Stand by for further developments.

I know it stinks but other carriers have been through this. With the sour economy this is no time to react without thinking the situation out very carefully. Walking out of a job means no income, health benefits, and a real tough and tight labor market out there.
I went through two chapter 11's at airways in a span of about two years. I stayed and kept my health benefits that came in very handy when my wife had thyroid surgery and I had very little out of pocket expense.
All of you at AA, don't just consider how you feel now, but how will you be faring next year and the years following that. Don't let anger overrule a well thought out decision.

Best wishes.

So if the US/AA merger happens, the US pilots end up working under yet another bankruptcy-inspired contract?? Sheesh.

HAL

Latest resources

Back