• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR can abandon pilots' union contract -judge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time to shut it down, and show Horton who actually runs the airline on a day to day basis.

::SMH::

And Horton goes off to his country club to play golf with his parachute money while he waits for his cronies to hook him up with his next gig, and 60,000 other AA employees go home to tell their kids that there's no presents for Christmas this year because there's no paycheck.

Smart. I hear Papa John's is hiring...

" Remember the transverse Mohawk idea?"

Now THAT brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye!

I only regret that we ( I ) didn't get to implement it....in the end it wouldn't have made any difference, but it would have spoken volumes and been fun to do on the way out.

Jet...Pm me with I.D. if you care too. Nice to know some of my cockamamie ideas are still floating around out there.

:)

You Know Who / alias YKW ( among others )

::SMH::

And Horton goes off to his country club to play golf with his parachute money while he waits for his cronies to hook him up with his next gig, and 60,000 other AA employees go home to tell their kids that there's no presents for Christmas this year because there's no paycheck.

Smart. I hear Papa John's is hiring...

Hey, I have no dog in the hunt. I'm glad the AA pilots voted no and support them no matter how this turns out. They can obvilously cruise along and see how bad this plays out. My feeling is that Horton will really go for the jugular because he doesn't care about any of the employees. That's pretty clear.

The only thing he cares about is the bonus money he gets for exiting bankruptcy. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not saying anything new here, and obviously most of the work groups understand that.

Good luck everyone.

" Time to shut it down.."

No. Not yet. Legally speaking.

Now is the time for Passive-Aggression of heretofore unknown levels.

Legal. Safe. Smart. Putting no one's immediate position in jeopardy while slowly strangling the Goose That Laid a Turd as opposed to the Once Golden Eggs.

Either the Goose stops crapping on everyone... or you choke it to Death.

All the while, strictly following the RLA and all applicable professional standards....

YKW

Last edited:
" Time to shut it down.."

No. Not yet. Legally speaking.

Now is the time for Passive-Aggression of heretofore unknown levels.

Legal. Safe. Smart. Putting no one's immediate position in jeopardy while slowly strangling the Goose That Laid a Turd as opposed to the Once Golden Eggs.

Either the Goose stops crapping on everyone... or you choke it to Death.

All the while, strictly following the RLA and all applicable professional standards....

YKW

I got it Whine. Maybe my statement was over the top. Sorry if I offended, see my post above.

I wish the best for all the AA workgroups.

No offense taken Sir.

I too have no real vested interest in the AA situation other than that of a student of Airline History of the last decade or so.

My initial sentiments are the same and I am always the first guy in line holding a bottle of gasoline with a rag hanging out of the top.

But advancing age has taught me one or two things:

Sometimes it's fun to pull the legs and wings off the fly that's been buzzing around your head pissing you off....before you smash it.

Unless of course the fly gets smart and goes away before you catch it.

But, I wax poetic....again.

Whine

Last edited:
I think it would be very unusual if American exited bankruptcy without a pilot contract in place. I'm guessing that the creditors will turn up the heat to get both sides talking again, the value of their future equity is reduced if there is a war with the pilots in progress damaging the operation. I don't think that the management team is going to be too quick to ram anything down the pilot's throats, it's a delicate situation that involves risk to both sides. I think they will get a deal before they impose terms.........if this doesn't happen things could get quite nasty.

Easy...Delta +1 nothing short.

Happy freakin Labor Day. It is a sad day for all when a company can declare bankruptcy, ditch their pension obligations and generally hose over ALL employees...with 6 Billion in the kitty.

Free markets my ass, how many days have we seen the DOW close +/- 7 points or so? Have to love election years and the ongoing manipulartion in the markets and coorparte America. Martha Stewart makes 50K on insider trading and goes to jail for two years, Corzine, literally "loses" 15 Billion and walks free.

Yes I'm mad, but more disgusted that a company can do this to its employees, with the aid of the government.

No dog in this fight, just pissed to see this happen.

I am going to assume an APU won't be shut down on an AMR aircraft for a long time. Good luck guys. We are all pulling for you.

Behind an AA Mad Dog earlier today...both engines and APU running. They had to be number 20+ in line. Capt and I smiled, knowing what's going on. I've always been treated great on American flights. From an AirTran guy, keep up the good fight boys and girls, and good luck.

Latest resources

Back