Amerijet Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck with the strike.

Have heard horrible things about Amerijet over the years, low pay poor conditions, then the 10% paycut..Managment was begging for the strike.

Not sure where it will end? Let it fold and start a new straw company hireing only scabs and newhires at even lesser pay.

Having fought the union battle at Tradewinds I can feel the pain.

Would like to see a seniority list, probably know a few guys.
PM me anytime for email address.

Hat off and good luck again...

I know a few people that worked for Amerijet. They could not stand the place and left for better employers. They have told me how bad the place can be but I had no idea how much worse it really is for the crew members. Someone just sent me this and I was appalled. I thought that stuff was just a bad joke and rumor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZFMLh_tZtM

While I understand there is negotiation in contracts, give and take, the disgusting basic hygiene stuff on that video should NEVER be a negotiating item. Don't let it be either. Good luck.

EDIT: I mean Coleman has camper potties for Gods sake...how do you just use a bag? (Don't really answer that)

Last edited:
"I don't know, John M has a lot of competition :D

Anybody care to tell how he fell from grace? "

NOBODY holds a candle to that dude. Sim instructor and Check airman to boot. I don't even know where to start. When in the sim or check ride you could of done a procedure or checklist to a tee. He would then play second guessing on you. Well you didn't do this or that. No actually the entire crew did the procedure flawlessly. Nope I don't like how it was done. Example if he was captain and called out fuel on the checklist and the FE responded with 30,000lb. He would say are you sure. You better add again. Add again okay. Then are you sure. Over and over again. It was like that with everything. Just talked to everyone like a big piece of ********************. Ridiculed everyone for everything then totally beat people up and down in the sim and on check rides. Then he failed a couple himself because everyone got tired of him. He straightened out for a while then right back to the old ways again. I found the best way to handle him was to be equally or more aggressive towards him. Real productive environment in the cockpit. We were flying with a new FE one month and he abused this dude to wanting to quit after a week on the job. I talked the guy out of quiting, and told him he was doing a great job. The next day of flying we had I got out a memo pad and told him you see this pad of paper. Every time you see me make a hash mark on this pad of paper it's because YOU made a mistake. I did that all month and by the end of each day he was sweating. He backed off the FE and the FE started laughing throughout the day every time he saw me put a mark on the paper. I could go on and on. I'm sure some others could write pages on here.
What it boils down to is an INSECURE PILOT IN HIS ABILITIES.
Watched the you tube vid. Things have been like that for ever over there. Pee bags, at least they have crap bags now. We didn't have those. Some of the trips back then were unbelievable. I left MIA one time around noon and didn't return until the next day between 5 or 6 pm. Flying around the clock. No layovers. No crappers no food no drinks. Only flying job I had that I showed up with a big bag of food and drinks not a lunch box you couldn't carry enough to last you in the lunch box. We used to get pretty creative too. Fly somewhere and get a 3-4 hour delay while they load. Then on to the next stop, then you think your about to head to MIA and finish. All of a sudden the handler walks out with a new flight plan oh now you need to go to where ever. Not MIA. That trip started out going to the southern caribbean after three or four stops with 3-4 hour delays each they sent us over to Mexico for a stop or two.
The sad part is the FAA has never stepped in and said hey some of these trips are unsafe. The crews are flying zombies. I was an FE, FO and Capt. I got laid off from the left seat. They came out and said okay were going to lay off by seniority in seat. There were FE's and FO's that had been there under a year or two and still had a job. I had 6 or 7 years in and got laid off. That was thanks to the CP at the time Dave Samor. Then he calls me up and offers me my job back as a new hire captain. New date of hire, the whole nine yards. I said so when all the guys I fly with upgrade I'll now be junior to them. He said well yeah. No thanks. Then CP Dave Samor was arrested and fired. After he helped derail a lot of peoples careers.
Good luck guys. Amerijet always had some of the best sticks in the business and you guys deserve better.

Last edited:
That Scabvision site is great! I will make sure and keep that list with me! BTW, Jeff Webster was a CAT PFTer makes sense he would scab as well. Trust me, we are behind you guys and I pray one of those clowns shows up at my airline for a jumpseat, we will make sure the denial is well documented and explained kindly to the scab.

The sad part is the FAA has never stepped in and said hey some of these trips are unsafe.
Dick Capon (our POI) is against the strike, even though he knows it will improve safety. On Friday morning he walked up to our picket line and told us we were all crazy and started screaming.

He's a scab, go figure.

I have never had to walk a picket line, but I imagine it must be very difficult to do so, especially watching people cross your line and seeing operators like CargoJet fly your freight. I would have to imagine that this strike must be costing Amerijet some serious cash- far more than what it would cost to just pay you guys a fair wage. It can't be cheap to charter a 767(?) from Canada, fly it down to MIA, and then fly it on your system. If it was cheaper to do that, they would have been doing it in the first place. I'm sure you guys are feeling the financial pain of strking. I'm sure your company is, too.

"Dick Capon (our POI) is against the strike, even though he knows it will improve safety. On Friday morning he walked up to our picket line and told us we were all crazy and started screaming. "
Explains his first name. Dude call the local news every station if you guys have to. Then tell them about the trips and also tell them the POI's position on the whole strike give the news his contact info. Ask them to ask him how could these trips be safe.

Can someone please provide me contact info for there union officers or Strike Chairman? I am trying to get our MEC to support our brothers and sisters on Strike at Amerijet, if not at least my LEC. Just left Prater a VM, I am very unhappy (being kind) that ALPA hasn't come out in strong support.

Fraternally,

Jayson Baron
CAL Newark LEC 170 Chairman
[email protected]

Latest resources

Back