• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew more in a month and half at AMF DFW then I have flown in an almost a year here. Life is good (and warmer!)
I wasn't commenting on how MUCH you flew. Just on HOW you flew. Like that time you had us so high and fast on final and.... wait. That was me, wasn't it?

I wasn't commenting on how MUCH you flew. Just on HOW you flew. Like that time you had us so high and fast on final and.... wait. That was me, wasn't it?

Haha! Hey, you did earn your astronaut wings at least! And I'm still alive to talk about it. THAT'S what matters.

Vinsanity,
What's happenin' brutha? I need to give you a call. I was driving into the training center this week and saw 2 Brasilia's, 1 Metro, and 1 99 launch on the way in. I was thinking dang, that looks like fun, but then I remembered that I would have been freezing my butt off on the ramp since 4 am.

Nothin' much man! Give me a call anytime. Just holding down the couch and keeping my Play Station skills sharp!

Yeah, I saw a Metro in Memphis the other day and saw some Skywest Brasilias in SLC about a month ago. The thought did cross my mind about how fun it would be to sling myself around in a Sewer Tube, but then I thought about that awful 0400 wake up and the cold and UPS security and that even more awful "check in" phone call.... Yeah.

Maybe we can pick one up in the desert and start a Metro flying club???

Just a warning, if you go to PDX, you'll likely never upgrade to a turbine, and it'll be a long fight to get them to let you transfer to another base to fly a turbine.

I don't know about other bases, but no one has left the SLC base in a year and a half. No one quitting = no upgrades = long wait as the junior guy getting to work every Saturday...

Although when times get better you're going to see a mass exodus from AMF as everyone will already have their 1000 TPIC and be tired of being capped at 40K/yr. Except Portland. No one leaves Portland. I was upgraded to the Metro after 7 months, the PDX guy I was in class with had been in the 99 for 4 years...

I worked at AMF from July 2003 to Jan 2004 and I loved it.. Great people and a great place to work. You'll have fun if you get hired there.

DFW Sort

Hey BUFF, I read on APC UPS is going to end the night sort at DFW in Feb and reduce/cancel flights. Will this have an impact on AMF ops there?

I used to live in Euless right off the departure end of 18R so the prop departures went right over my apartment. How bout a reunion at the Midland Airport Hotel? I'll bring the disinfectant.

Citabria,
Yeah, I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I'm on the 2019 season for my football dynasty on x-box. That's only 145ish games since last Christmas. I just finished playing the best game of all tonight. You know, the one where they stick you in a box and let you play bird man for a couple of hours. Last night was the coveted 12-4am sim slot. But hey, I've proved yet again that I'm flat out sh*t hot at the single engine coupled ILS.

SDCFI,
Maybe you can get the greasy spoon, or whatever the name of that lil' hotel restaurant was called, to cater the reunion. Or maybe get that burrito joint in Avion to provide the food. Just wait 24 hours to go flying after consuming the edibles to ensure that you didn't accidently give yourself a poor man's enema.

Citabria,
Yeah, I'm kinda embarrassed to admit that I'm on the 2019 season for my football dynasty on x-box. That's only 145ish games since last Christmas. I just finished playing the best game of all tonight. You know, the one where they stick you in a box and let you play bird man for a couple of hours. Last night was the coveted 12-4am sim slot. But hey, I've proved yet again that I'm flat out sh*t hot at the single engine coupled ILS.

SDCFI,
Maybe you can get the greasy spoon, or whatever the name of that lil' hotel restaurant was called, to cater the reunion. Or maybe get that burrito joint in Avion to provide the food. Just wait 24 hours to go flying after consuming the edibles to ensure that you didn't accidently give yourself a poor man's enema.

I'll be danged...you are alive...what's the matter? You aren't afraid to play golf when its 50 out...are you? lol

I'll be danged...you are alive...what's the matter? You aren't afraid to play golf when its 50 out...are you? lol

Nah, I figured that after they dusted ol' Snyder off, shot him up with embalming fluid, and renamed him coach that you'd be a five iron of fury on the links.

I just don't have much energy for it right now. I'll start getting the itch again in early February after there's no football to occupy my mind.

Latest resources

Back