• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With low time, you might want to consider Airnet. They have more bases in the midwest by you, and they'll hire you with less than 1200 as an FO on the barron until you have enough time to upgrade.

What are the chances of getting hired directly into the Metro or 1900 for someone with roughly 4000 Total and 2200 total in the 1900?

You could probably swing a metro or 1900 with that, but it won't be within a base due to seniority, so it would be an outstation or one of the bases that nobody else wants back in the Midwest.

I was thinking of Airnet but Id like to get out of the Midwest for a little while if I could. Hows life in Burbank?

You could probably swing a metro or 1900 with that, but it won't be within a base due to seniority, so it would be an outstation or one of the bases that nobody else wants back in the Midwest.

What bases in the midwest do people not want? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't get someone's hopes up about going straight into a Metro or 1900, there's not even any of those up for internal bid right now.

On the other hand, if there were more runs awarded, and for some reason we couldn't fill them internally, then maybe. But seriously, I'm thinking there's enough people to itching to upgrade that those internal bids won't go unfilled for quite some time.

If I'm wrong, you'll see it here:
http://www.ameriflight.com/Employment/employment.asp

At the moment, the only postion they're outsourcing is the PHX ACP.

If you want to go to burbank, you better bring a sack full of cash that you're willing to part with. California is rediculously expensive. I grew up in CA and all of my family lives there and I still wouldn't go back because of how much it costs. My brother's 1 bedroom apartment is $1400 a month...

I seriously don't know how/why people afford to work for AMF in Burbank / Oakland. At 28K a year you'd have to live like a hobo or with 3 other guys in a 2 bedroom place.

In that case I guess I won't be living in Burbank I have way to many loans to payback besides trying to afford rent like that.

Latest resources

Back