• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why the hel l does every ameriflight thread always turn into a friggin circle-jerk?
Because we are a great bunch of guys and gals who fly planes that build character. Now then, don't you have some Brylcreem to put in your hair and some trolly dolly to shag in your shiny jet?

If you want to go to burbank, you better bring a sack full of cash that you're willing to part with. California is rediculously expensive. I grew up in CA and all of my family lives there and I still wouldn't go back because of how much it costs. My brother's 1 bedroom apartment is $1400 a month...

I seriously don't know how/why people afford to work for AMF in Burbank / Oakland. At 28K a year you'd have to live like a hobo or with 3 other guys in a 2 bedroom place.

Uh what? Burbank Airport? It's located at one of the poorest areas in all of Southern California. There are plenty of apartments within walking distance to AMF Bur. Not sure if you'd want to be walking from 9pm to 6am though. BUR could be a great gig, mostly VFR weather but I'm wondering if AMF can "junior" you to a different base like in the NW in the middle of winter, that would suck.

Uh what? Burbank Airport? It's located at one of the poorest areas in all of Southern California. There are plenty of apartments within walking distance to AMF Bur. Not sure if you'd want to be walking from 9pm to 6am though. BUR could be a great gig, mostly VFR weather but I'm wondering if AMF can "junior" you to a different base like in the NW in the middle of winter, that would suck.
I'm sure it's all a matter of perspective, but even North Hollywood seems pretty pricy for someone on a 28K a year income. See for yourself, on craigslist.com most 1 br in the area are going for more than $1000 a month, and this is in the "poor" part of town. Seriously, in some midwest outstation you could get a fairly nice 2br for less than half that.

The poorest areas of California are still more expensive than most of the nice areas in the rest of the country. But you will have the added benefit of learning spanish, and quite a few new gang signs!

Most temporary assignments are voluntary. They usually start asking from the top of the list going down, but if they don't get volunteers, well, that sucks for the guys on the bottom. But you do make extra money being TDY. You get $35 a day per diem, and paid on the weekends. They're supposed to only be 3 weeks long, so it's not horrible.

Brasilia positions are few and far between. All the positions are filled at this time and with generally new hires not even halfway into their commitment period yet.

Well you know what? Sometimes you just cant have it all! You just have to stick it out!

Latest resources

Back