• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They wont give a hard date yet on when the base is going to move. But I have been told 5 more UPS runs out of SDF. Adhoc is going to still happen. And all the LMI flights are going to still be CVG's money maker. Right now theres 2 E120 runs BED-DFW, BED-RIC-CLT-FTY-MCO, and a metro has been running 4 times a week on 707 YOW-SYR-STL. And 701 has yet to go away.

Wow, they've done a good job at growing that 70* business! Too bad so many pilots have to spend so much time away from home for it though. Thanks for the update Tony... how're you feeling... are you back on the line yet?

Ya im back to work, the 4 months off were nice. I have got to find out how to do that again. I have only flown 3 flights from the time I have got back from SEA. I think if you want to be home the most at AMF, CVG is the place to be. I have only been gone for 3 nights in the last month. Being qual'd in the E120 has helped with that im sure. BG has a interview with NJ next week so I hope all goes well with that. Call me sometime when your in the states.

I'm sure it's all a matter of perspective, but even North Hollywood seems pretty pricy for someone on a 28K a year income. See for yourself, on craigslist.com most 1 br in the area are going for more than $1000 a month, and this is in the "poor" part of town. Seriously, in some midwest outstation you could get a fairly nice 2br for less than half that.

My mortgage on a 3100 sqf house is less than that!

Realistically speaking...Is commuting an option with your schedules or would a pilot most likely have to relocate to their base?

I don't fly for Ameriflight, but I flew with a schedule that I'm sure most Amflight pilot's live with. I worked five days a week Mon-Fri and when I finished up on Friday I used to jumpseat to see my wife. This would give me all day Sat. and part of Sunday to spend with my family. It's not much, but it worked for the time being. That said, moving would be the best option I'm sure. Good luck to you. You have to do what you have to do, as these times are tough.

Agree with the above, there are few runs that are commutable and commuting is frowned upon at AMF although some do it. If you can live at our domiciles or assigned outstation that would be a better for overall QOL.

Agree with the above, there are few runs that are commutable and commuting is frowned upon at AMF although some do it. If you can live at our domiciles or assigned outstation that would be a better for overall QOL.

Yea, I ran a search and was reading about this TDY to an oustation deal. I live in Chicago and would of course like to keep doing so if at all possible. From what I was reading the TDY situation doesn't sound bad and can get a commuter quite a bit more time at home vs. flying out of a domicile. Would you mind explaining that a little further?

Yea, I ran a search and was reading about this TDY to an oustation deal. I live in Chicago and would of course like to keep doing so if at all possible. From what I was reading the TDY situation doesn't sound bad and can get a commuter quite a bit more time at home vs. flying out of a domicile. Would you mind explaining that a little further?
System TDY is 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Typically used to cover pilot vacations, shortages, new business. I believe you get payed for the 7 days and get $35/day perdiem. For Chicago the closest domicile is going to be SDF when we make the move. How this plays out for your plans to commute are another story. If you decide to apply, talking to pilot recruitment about your desire may help you decide if AMF is for you.

System TDY is 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Typically used to cover pilot vacations, shortages, new business. I believe you get payed for the 7 days and get $35/day perdiem. For Chicago the closest domicile is going to be SDF when we make the move. How this plays out for your plans to commute are another story. If you decide to apply, talking to pilot recruitment about your desire may help you decide if AMF is for you.

Thanks for the info. I think I will give pilot recruitment a call. The last thing I want to do is apply and interview wasting eveyones time only to find out that it isn't for me. Thanks for your time!

Latest resources

Back