• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight Pay Raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not sure why you are upset with less than 3 years service and already flying either the Metro, 1900 or EMB. It seems you got there pretty fast. Everyone I talk to seems satisfied with the raises and I am one of them. I guess the company did what they could. However you do get a yearly raise on the pay scales and a 10 percent bonus all in less than three years? To say you got nothing seems a little greedy and misleading and I don't understand.

If I could be as lucky as you then I could be going from 28000 to 45000 in just about two years. I feel pretty good about that. I turned down a job at Skywest for Ameriflight and feel like that was a great decision.

Pay your dues and then open your mouth. We were all once just so very happy to be making a check flying a twin piper. I'm sure you're happy to be getting a %20 pay increase. The guys who have put in the work, and stayed with the company just got a slap in the face. Get married, have a kid, have a life outside of flying freight and you'll find that $45k doesn't go very far. Especially so in OAK.

Citabria is pretty much the AMF poster child. Some of that is luck. Much of it is skill, and wanting a bigger paycheck has nothing to do with greed. He, like many, respects the job for what it is and what it gives you. He also has spent 3 years of his life flying freight and earned that left seat in the Bro. Fly freight for 3 years and deal with the responsibility required from captaining a Metro, 1900, or E120 and realize that they deserve a pay raise as much as and probably more than you.

I flew AMF for almost 4 years. Do you know what my raise was during my last year? 19 cents per unit. Wrap your mind around that. A $2000 dollar raise for the senior guys isn't even COLA. AMF just told it's senior people that it's easier to replace them than pay them, and that's a shame.

AMF is a good company and a heckuva stepping stone to greater things. But what just happened appears to be wrong. Put some time in before throwing around the word greedy with the guys who've taken their lumps. They might just know what they're talking about. You, OTOH.....

I am new at Ameriflight, but the place is run by a 20 year 121 guy who was in the military for a long time as I recall. Everyone seems to like the guy including me. Always meets the pilots and remembers your name. Most everyone agrees this is the best the flight department has ever been. Rumor has it the VP is constantly being called for other jobs in management at other airlines. I can see why. I would hate fior him to leave. I think Hazelett is the DO??

I heard that the VP and the CP was in OAK yesterday to explain the new payraise. I heard he said if you did not like it you needed to blame him and if you liked it you needed to call the owner and thank him. I heard it was a 650K raise starting today. I did a little math with the senority list and it appears to me that number is probably right. For me, I got just under a 5000 dolloar raise. When you add up the number of pilots in the first couple of years it seems like it ate up a lot of that chunck of money. I think they are traveleing around to talk to everybody.

What is the guys name?

I don't think that people are objecting to the fact that we didn't get some astronomical raise that would keep everyone here for life. Nobody was expecting that. I think people, myself included, object to the message that was sent by leaving the hardest working, more dedicated employees high and dry.

I would be happy with a pay scale that provided actual raises every year. Our current scale does not even keep up with inflation and rises in cost of living, so instead of making more each year, we make the same or less.

Anyways, welcome aboard. It's really not a bad place to be.

Nicely put, next time you read a company communique espousing your work ethic and value to the company, try not to laugh!

1st2000 you're a naive plonker! A good payraise through equipment upgrade is a given, once in the highest equipment you can fly look at the yearly increases-not enough to cover cost of living!

The more senior guys deserved a raise they could use throughout the year not the so called carrot dangled at us in the form of the retention incentive. That's why we are upset.

My face is still a little black and blue from that back hand I recieved. Oh well, it gives us even more motivation to move on.... Don't get me wrong, I have loved working here for the ~3 years I've been here, but come on... Zero increase? I am not really even motivated to want to stay till my bonus that gets 80% taxed comes up.

Sorry this post sounds pretty negitive...it's peak season and I'm already burnt out from it....Come on January!

Latest resources

Back