• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight Pay Raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You got $5,000... I got zero. Been here almost 3 years.
After reading everything here V, you're the luckiest SOB on the planet. So shut it.

................Ahhhh, livin' the dream!

And since you've made it to the top, do you mind throwin' the rest of us a bone?:)

I am not sure why you are upset with less than 3 years service and already flying either the Metro, 1900 or EMB. It seems you got there pretty fast. Everyone I talk to seems satisfied with the raises and I am one of them. I guess the company did what they could. However you do get a yearly raise on the pay scales and a 10 percent bonus all in less than three years? To say you got nothing seems a little greedy and misleading and I don't understand.

If I could be as lucky as you then I could be going from 28000 to 45000 in just about two years. I feel pretty good about that. I turned down a job at Skywest for Ameriflight and feel like that was a great decision.

I assume you are based out of OAK? I am an ex-AMF OAK. I will love to see you attitude in a couple of months. That base wears on you, slow upgrades and such.

Also, don't trust KC any further than you can throw him.

You got over $2000 if you're willing to stay till your next anniversary date.

Yeah, but let's not forget that a bigger bonus means more taxes taken out, not to mention getting stuck with higher insurance costs this year. I wouldn't call it a "raise" any more than a slight cost of living
increase, if that.

Also, if the "raise" was for retention purposes, then a $2,000 "bonus" isn't going to make people stay put when CAL, SWA, NetJets, Alaska or wherever calls. You can make up way more than that $2000 after a year there.

Just my $.02

And I think Tinman hit the nail on the head, "with more power comes great responsibility!" :pimp: It's not a raise if the rate has been the same before.

And Mr. PA31 coolaid drinker... Yeah, talk to us in a year. Sure, it's great to move up fast, and I do consider myself fortunate, I'm just flabbergasted at the principle behind all of this hoopla. As I posted earlier, I didn't expect anything, so I'm not disappointed...

Yeah, but let's not forget that a bigger bonus means more taxes taken out, not to mention getting stuck with higher insurance costs this year. I wouldn't call it a "raise" any more than a slight cost of living
increase, if that.

Any income increase (bonus or wage) is going to result in more taxes being paid. The IRS doesn't look any different at a bonus vs weekly pay.

Also, if the "raise" was for retention purposes, then a $2,000 "bonus" isn't going to make people stay put when CAL, SWA, NetJets, Alaska or wherever calls. You can make up way more than that $2000 after a year there.

Agreed. There is no way AMF could afford to pay enough to keep people from going to places like that. That's just a fact of life in aviation.

It's too bad that they can't make it a place for people to stay. I know it probably won't ever be something like that, but over all I've been pretty happy with my time here and like where I live. I'd stay longer if it were more financially feasible or a better schedule.

Either way, AMF is just that, a stepping stone to something bigger or better.

Don't let my cynicism sound like an anti-AMF chant... I chose to come here for a reason and that reason has more than exceeded my expectations.

After reading everything here V, you're the luckiest SOB on the planet. So shut it.

................Ahhhh, livin' the dream!

And since you've made it to the top, do you mind throwin' the rest of us a bone?:)

Pshhh... I never got to fly that long Beech product, so I think YOU are the luckiest SOB on the planet! :beer:

If only I were half the man you were!

Don't let my cynicism sound like an anti-AMF chant... I chose to come here for a reason and that reason has more than exceeded my expectations.
Good to hear this. I am not a Koolaid drinker anymore than you are. Like you, I chose to come to AMF, like what I see and I like the way it is managed. My dad is a retired Delta pilot and I grew up in the industry and I think I know a little about it. Actually, my dad knows our VP and is a little curious why he is here at AMF, but that is another story.

You are right however, AMF is a great stepping stone. I think a lot of pilots know this and want to come to AMF over other similar companies. I do not think AMF will ever be able to pay the salaries to keep people forever, but as long as they have pilot management that cares at least we have a shot at the lifestyle improving.

I do not think AMF will ever be able to pay the salaries to keep people forever, but as long as they have pilot management that cares at least we have a shot at the lifestyle improving.

I don't think that people are objecting to the fact that we didn't get some astronomical raise that would keep everyone here for life. Nobody was expecting that. I think people, myself included, object to the message that was sent by leaving the hardest working, more dedicated employees high and dry.

I would be happy with a pay scale that provided actual raises every year. Our current scale does not even keep up with inflation and rises in cost of living, so instead of making more each year, we make the same or less.

Anyways, welcome aboard. It's really not a bad place to be.

Last edited:
I don't think that people are objecting to the fact that we didn't get some astronomical raise that would keep everyone here for life. Nobody was expecting that. I think people, myself included, object to the message that was sent by leaving the hardest working, more dedicated employees high and dry.

I would be happy with a pay scale that provided actual raises every year. Our current scale does not even keep up with inflation and rises in cost of living, so instead of making more each year, we make the same or less.

Anyways, welcome aboard. It's really not a bad place to be.

Thank you, ESF! Finally someone who gets me! :beer:

As I mentioned before, I didn't expect to get anything at all, so I wasn't disappointed by any $ figure. The message, on the other hand, did tend to sugarcoat things a bit and served to light my fire... Especially for the Brasilia FO's. The current ones are NOT entry level.

Latest resources

Back