• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight Pay Raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard a rumor that a potential pay raise was going to be front loaded in favor of the Chieftan and entry year 99 guys, great-come to AMF and come year two and thereafter you can enjoy a pay raise that won't even cover the cost of a tank of gas!

Regardless, all the pilots warrant a good raise across the board, to keep AMF competitive with other operators, to entice new blood to join us and reward the loyalty of those who have stuck around.

I'm being idealistic, gotta stay off the booze!

I heard a rumor that a potential pay raise was going to be front loaded in favor of the Chieftan and entry year 99 guys, great-come to AMF and come year two and thereafter you can enjoy a pay raise that won't even cover the cost of a tank of gas!

Regardless, all the pilots warrant a good raise across the board, to keep AMF competitive with other operators, to entice new blood to join us and reward the loyalty of those who have stuck around.

I'm being idealistic, gotta stay off the booze!

I heard the same thing from a division manager other than my own, somewhere to the effect of comming in October... as in a couple weeks...

Unfortunatly I hear that it wont be much for the guys that have been around a long time, but I figure if you have been on for many years its not the pay that is keeping you here...

And what makes SLC dysfunctional? Hmmmmm??? Oh I know! Pilots who don't realize how good they have it in SLC.

It was a great place when I was there...

Exactly.

There's good people at other bases too, but management in SLC is 100% behind the pilots unless given a reason not to be. I think that's pretty rare in aviation.

To be a general pain in the a$$, downing airplanes for stupid stuff, doing a halfass job, then coming on flightinfo and calling the place dysfunctional is a slap in the face of some really good people.

I'll always remember the good times I had hanging out with the SLC gang outside of work, and I'll always appreciate the efforts of the ops manager and former ACP to make it THE place to be. If it's not anymore, then those pilots based there need to look in the mirror, because it sure as hell used to be.

Last edited:
To be a general pain in the a$$, downing airplanes for stupid stuff, doing a halfass job, then coming on flightinfo and calling the place dysfunctional is a slap in the face of some really good people.

I'll always remember the good times I had hanging out with the SLC gang outside of work, and I'll always appreciate the efforts of the ops manager and former ACP to make it THE place to be. If it's not anymore, then those pilots based there need to look in the mirror, because it sure as hell used to be.

There's no reason to leave a maintenance base to fly to an outstation with a plane that's already broken. If its broke, it's broke.

It's kinda funny to see someone who spent nearly the entire time in SLC bitching about the place and desperate to leave being AMF's biggest fan here on FI

And yeah, at a base where seeing pilots do stupid things on a weekly or daily basis like leaving ladders on, taxiing to the wrong ramp and trying to start planes with the snubbers in a lot on the dysfunctionality comes from the pilots. Maintenance isn't exactly a saint either...

Last edited:
There's no reason to leave a maintenance base to fly to an outstation with a plane that's already broken. If its broke, it's broke.

If more people did postflights, it wouldn't be an issue. There's also a difference between preflighting and looking for a reason to down planes just for the hell of it.

It's kinda funny to see someone who spent nearly the entire time in SLC bitching about the place and desperate to leave being AMF's biggest fan here on FI
The entire time? Hardly... I was there for over a year. Yeah, I wanted out at the end and it was a good move for me. AMF's biggest fan? Nope, but I'll admit I'm a fan. Its got its issues just like anywhere... but I've been treated well here- especially during my time in SLC- and so have you.

Dude I'm not trying to pick on you, but I don't really see the logic behind coming on here and bashing it in public for what amounts to pretty much nothing, that's all. Lots of places hiring, nobody forced you into the Metro.

Maybe that's the problem. You left. LOL

Buff,
I heard you had to kick so much rear end around DFW that you tore some ligaments in an ankle. That was the manly version at least. If you just stepped wrong off a tube and twisted it I'd keep it to myself. The first version sounded better. :p

If it makes you feel better my last raise was $3 a day for a grand total (after taxes) of $400 for the year. After the boss gets her cut I might have enough left to eat out with you guys in Dallas again.

If more people did postflights, it wouldn't be an issue. There's also a difference between preflighting and looking for a reason to down planes just for the hell of it.

I'm gettin pretty tired of hearing this from people. Do you really think I would decide to down a few metros in a row just because I have some burning desire to fly a 99 with no autopilot? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense...

but anyhow, BACK TO THE POINT!

Are we getting a raise worth staying for or what...

I'm gettin pretty tired of hearing this from people. Do you really think I would decide to down a few metros in a row just because I have some burning desire to fly a 99 with no autopilot? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense...

but anyhow, BACK TO THE POINT!

Are we getting a raise worth staying for or what...

No.

It is cheaper to train pilots and than it is to have a group of senior pilots making lots of money.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back