• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I predict that pragmatism will carry the vote over principle. When emotional actions cement your future, you really lose the ability to stand up for yourself in important matters.

Anybody but Horton
Anything but Nic
Anything as long as USAPA is gone

They all taste sweet at the time, but the aftertaste is bitter and long-lasting.

Nailed it.

APA INFORMATION HOTLINE

This is APA Communications Director Gregg Overman with the APA Information Hotline for Friday, Jan. 30.

PILOTS VOTE TO APPROVE JCBA: BallotPoint has confirmed the following results in the joint collective bargaining agreement vote:

65.68 percent voted for, 34.32 percent voted against, with 94.6 percent of eligible voters participating.
APA President CA Keith Wilson released the following statement regarding the outcome of the vote: “I want to thank our pilots for their participation and engagement, as illustrated by the strong voter turnout. By voting in favor of the JCBA, our pilots will benefit from higher pay rates. In effect, the pilots of American Airlines made a business decision.

“APA will now focus on further engagement with American Airlines management to address ongoing shortcomings in our contract. Our total compensation will still trail industry-leader Delta, while work rules affecting our pilots’ quality of life need meaningful improvement. There’s a lot of work remaining to achieve the industry-leading contract our pilots deserve.

“True culture change will require a contract commensurate with our status as the pilots who fly for the world’s largest carrier.”

DEFERRAL CANCELLATION: With the JCBA’s approval, any pilot who wishes to cancel their deferral to be eligible for the two years length of service needs to do so by 5 p.m. CST today. To cancel your deferral, please send an email stating your intention to [email protected].

That’s it for now. Thank you for checking this hotline.

Obviously they were looking at pay only. New hires will go from $40 an hour to $78, and group 2 (320, 738, 321(bad)) will go to $118 in the second year supposedly, which is better. But, there is no "min day guarantee", so a 3-day trip could still pay 10 something, vs at DL a 3 day trip is worth 15:45 min. A 3 day trip from ATL to UIO (Quito, Ecuador) used to pay 10:30, and now it's worth 15:45, with 5:15 of that as credit. For a 12 year FO on the 7ER (75/76), that's an extra $840. (160x5.25). Yes, AA still has a pension (for the LAA guys/gals), but no PS (which other managements want to get rid of), and DL's profit sharing will equal 16.4% of each individual's W2 (added to their 401K or in a check that is taxed). That really adds up.

But, at least they did improve the pay rates.... And that will force the LCCs and DL and UA to increase pay too. When the job market gets even tighter, prospective pilots will look at pay first.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Obviously they were looking at pay only.
That's a huge oversimplification. The real issue splitting the voters was the the belief that a better overall JCBA could be had by turning down this offer. The MTA was the contract that killed many QOL issues and neither way of voting was gonna bring them back.

The best way to summarize my attitude is: The heart wanted to vote No but the brain wanted to vote Yes.

Do not make more than what this is, a 9/11 contract till 2020 with 7 added concessions to get early pay raises...

Do not make more than what this is, a 9/11 contract till 2020 with 7 added concessions to get early pay raises...

7 added concessions? You are a west pilot, therefore they did not effect you. I'll take a s h i ty contact with good pay over a s h i ty contact any day.

Only if you want to keel over at 65 + 1 day. Guess your kids and wife will get the money. They will think its a gift that fell from the sky because if you work that much they won't know who you are. On the good side your daughter will have enough money she can stop spinning around the pole - something she did because you picked up the 3 day when she was 8 instead of going to that ballet recital.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tojBadSr2zI

Good one!

Latest resources

Back