• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sounds like they are going to send it out for a vote.

From what I know (haven't seen the "official" language):

Scope = delta and UAL
Group 1 (e190 size) still under JB rates
Group 2 and up rates higher than others but no PFT sharing.

I suspect we are going to come up short on work rules and rigs. That is where they will get their higher rates back and be "cost neutral". Not to mention the large number of pilots that will be on 190 rates when they order 500 of them to replace every A319. At least I'm already trained on the 190 and numb (especially my a$$) to the whole thing.

My guess is the older guys (10 years or less to go) will jump at the money along with the bottom of the list and guys in the middle (more than 10 years to go) will say no due to work rules and rigs.

We already have 18 hour 4 days trips because they sit you in NYC at hotel craphole/bedbug for 32 hours. As a block holder I want to fly 80 (or be paid for 80) hours in as few days as possible. I'll spend my time at home not on the road in some downtown hotel for 30 hours.

APA should be ashamed of themselves. Not a peep from the leadership throughout these "negotiations". Their email that announced this deal was very poorly written and contradictory. Unfortunately this will now pass beyond a wide margin because the pilots are too stupid to see beyond the dangling hourly-pay carrot. It will be a very Happy New Year for Dougweiser and Team Tempe!!

I just looked on the APA site and couldn't find the anything yet on what is going to be sent out for a vote.

So I guess the only "language" we have right now is the Kirby letter? Anyone know where to find the whole thing?

During one of the union conference calls they said something about a limit on the number of group 1 aircraft. Anyone know anything about this?

No East pilot has any right to complain about the JCBA. They squandered the opportunity to establish a better contract to negotiate from and chose to fight a civil war. The APA is equally shortsighted by giving anything to dump Horton.

Make things personal and you always lose money.

Latest resources

Back