American to announce...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
azpilot said:
From what I have heard the total furloughs will be almost equal to the amount of pilots acquired from the TWA merger. If I was an American pilot now displaced by a more senior former TWA pilot I would be pissed. Good luck all.

1. In order to furlough large numbers AA would have to ground ex-TWA MD80s since all the furloughs will be in STL. IMHO if there are more furloughs the numbers will be in the low hundreds -- or less. (I'm 100 from the bottom.)

2. All active non-STL AA pilots are now furlough protected and have Eagle flow-back priviledges (such as it is). The STL pilots have neither protection, however, those in the top third of our list that are dovetailed have de facto protection since there are AA pilots junior to them.

3. No AA pilots have been displaced by any ex-TWA pilots nor will they be anytime soon. We're still operating on separate FAA op-specs.

How many F100's does AA fly right now? How many crews would that be?

Does anyone know what the Heavy Check Schedule is on the F100 Fleet?

Only stands to reason that they would retire the F100's as the Heavy Checks come due, it's too costly to retire them all at once.

Would they retire the A-300? I thought that the A-300 is a bread and butter A/C on the Carribean markets. If that one gets retired, it only stands to reason that they would retire as the heavy checks come due as well.

Re: get a clue

furlough-boy said:
You mean the former TWA pilots, all locked in STL, and flying all former TWA airplanes?

Wake-up.

I didn't say it was fact just what I heard. If you are more informed great. That is what these forums are for.

The CBS report also talked about American making the hub modifications as described by the USA Today article, and also said they would be phasing out older planes. In the same report, they said Delta (I think) will be focusing on using larger planes so it would have more "bargain seats."

Just wanted to let you know... if there are two sources it must be pretty on target.

Throttlejockey

There are 74 F100's. They are not due for Heavy Check (C Check) until Sept. of '03. The F100 C Check line has been closed and that is said what started the rumor of the F100 going away. Now whether it will, we will see. Most likely if it does, it will be phased out like you said.

I don't know anything about the Airbus except we have 34, and it makes alot of money because of the cargo it can carry. Anyone else??

Bids Delayed?

Weren't the bids due out yesterday? A friend stated that the bids haven't been released yet and will be released sometime (early) next week.

Unfortunately, that makes sense if there is to be quite a bit of restructuring.

Fly Safe

I had read they were delayed too. I think there was an HI6 or something asking to make sure displacement bids were in. It does all make sense doesn't it?

At Eagle our vacancy bid results came out on the 8th. They were then changed on the 9th to the dismay of about 7 folks who had been awarded captain and then taken back. That's the first time I have ever seen that happen.
Somethings brewin' and it ain't smellin good!

Last edited:
Dumb question here, but how does the fact that a TWA pilot was based in St Louis make any difference? Don't furloughs go by senority at the airline, or is it senority in base for you guys? Thanks for the help.

Latest resources

Back