• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Recalls and Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What percentage of the Eagle Flow-throughs are pre-TWA? I seem to remember that there are AE pilots still at Eagle that will be senior to all of the TWA guys that are currently furloughed when/if they finally come over even though the TWA guys will come back first.

Approximately 290 Eagle pilots have seniority numbers senior to the 10JUN01 TWA staple point. I say approximately, because it's based on the July 2006 seniority list, which is the only one I could ever find. Some guys might have moved on since then, but with age 65 I would think most are still here.

Then there are approximately 100 or so Eagle pilots who have seniority numbers below the TWA staple, but senior to the most junior furloughed AA pilot.

The most recent additions to the list (154) that obtained numbers due to the TWA acquisition are currently the most junior pilots on the AA seniority list, junior to the bottom AA pilot on furlough.

Hope this helps.

Some Eagle pilots have seniority numbers that go all the way back to NOV99 DOH at AA. Not too shabby if and when they go over in terms of bidding. Pay is probably going to suck though, at least the first 2 years.

How does that 600 numbers translate into bidding power though? What would have the results been had age 60 retirement still been in effect? Those are the two key questions! ( I have no idea by the way, just asking).
No benefit to bidding power. But it appears to have saved a few hundred jobs....

In two pages this hasn't been mentioned. How many furloughed guys that would not have come back to AA would come back. They are on the street for one reason or another due to the down turn in the economy? There is also the possibility to consider since some are talking about hiring.

Major correction: the staple point is April 10, 2001. We'll take whatever seniority we can get (back), thank you.

stlflyguy

Just out of curiousity...I have a buddy who us very far away from being recalled. He was saying that his recall rights expire soon anyways, and that he expects to never go back. Has that been fixed?

B.S. on the recall rights, last contract (ass pounding) they got indefinite recall rights. Now the pansies at APA may eventually sell the TWA (and furloughed AA hires) bretheren down the road, but for now, its unlimited.

I'm expecting a recall class in early March, as now they are giving away jet fuel and still charging ridiculous fuel surcharges. Go figure, the airline industry actually has levereage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, the airline should grow, at least that's what my broker tells me!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, in summary, the APA better tighten the vise around AMR's proverbial sack if they plan on having any street cred!

My guess, nothing less than a 20% raise, with QOL adjustments!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back