American recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100 c.i. said:
Rumor is they are parking the A300, but what would I know they laid me off 3 years ago with 8 years senority...

They are not. They have roughly 7 which are being shipped to Tulsa for maintenance and to clean them up for Winter. There is a lull in the schedule during the fall, before the winter schedule takes place with increased Tropical flying.

There was not enough extra tarmac in JFK or MIA to let the birds sit, so they went to TUL.

They do have a schdeuled lease termination, however the last one will not leave till around 2012. We currently have 28 available. 7 are unassigned. The total bid lines are down -6 (for all A300) in Oct.

They carry a tremendous amount cargo for us in the caribbean and central america. They will keep until they can replace the lift.

AAflyer

P.S. They actually posted some F/O vacancies on the 300 for a Nov start date. IN talking to the LGA planner, he said they will have additional flying on the A300 this winter.

Sorry AAflyer my data was off. I appreciate your good attitude, but when the same company that pulled my group out of captain class and within two years through us on the street its hard not to believe the bad news....

100 c.i. said:
Sorry AAflyer my data was off. I appreciate your good attitude, but when the same company that pulled my group out of captain class and within two years through us on the street its hard not to believe the bad news....

Sorry for what you went through, AA73, myself and a few others feel you were treated poorly. I am sorry for that.

I think this site can become something "good" again. If we all chip in.

AAflyer

P.S. Thanks for YOUR good attitude.

SellingDirt said:
I'm going to guess a few late this fall. Followed by a slow to moderate (10-25 per month) starting in the spring. I think they will try and grow Eagle as much as possible. Heard another rumor from an AA guy that Eagle had a hard time filling a new hire class. Anyone??

So desperate are we that Eagle has resorted to hiring 250-hour pilots. I just met one. Also met a 600 hour wonder last month that put sticky notes (crib sheets) all over the cockpit. We are losing 25-40 pilots per month.

IHF

Yeah...where the heck are they going?

Corporate, Skywest, Mesa street captains, Republic/Chatauqua, and out of aviation altogether.

This sums up about 10 that I know of. You'd be surprised how many new hires see what the schedules, pay and lifestyle of the airlines have become and quickly leave it outright.

I don't have a clue as to where they are going guys, but my seniority number has gone up SEVENTY numbers in the past four months and that's just from the guys quitting above me, not below me. The C/P told me that we had eight quit in August in our domicile alone, one of seven. This company is hemorrhaging pilots and they cannot replace them fast enough. Classes are only half full. Sixteen in the last class and they wanted thirty. Twelve in the class before that.

Eagle is losing a lot of pilots, FO's going to other regionals for quicker upgrade and Captains (mostly Saab it seems) going to Southwest, JetBlue, Continental, and UPS and Fedex among others. I personally know of seven who have gone to Southwest in the last 4 months

I was just at the training center and the instructor was commenting on how many more instructors were being hired. The amount would seem to surpass the amount to cover the 10 additional Saabs coming back online and the attrition. I have pulled a couple out of the desert myself so this is not a rumor. Lines in DFW are increasing for the Saab. But the jets are mostly maxxed out on flying and since there are no additional RJ's being announced one would have to assume there maybe some direction coming down from AMR management to expect a lot of additional training cycles. Why? Who knows.

Latest resources

Back