• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There has been a rumor that AA is going to be recalling "at the end of the year" since at least 2003.

labbats said:
There's been a lot of talk of Eagle getting 10 more Saabs, and President Bowler said himself that attrition has been steady for the past couple of years, but they are now going to ramp up hiring. While he denied hearing anything from AA, that's either for Saabs or recalls in my humble opinion. He stated that it's for our "recent lack of staffing". But from someone working there for a couple years now, it's the same as it ever was.

Labbats, I have heard the SAAbs being taken out of storage rumor. I flew at Eagle 9 years ago. I think a big mistake we made back then was not buying the SAAB 2000. I am sure as we enter Sec 6 there will be many more rumors abound.

Best,
AAflyer

PHXFLYR said:
"......stated a rumor and mentioned a fact." If it's a rumor, why bother to mention it in the first place? Kind of a cruel thing to do to those on furlough who might be anxious to get back. Or,as Sgt Joe Friday on the old TV series "Dragnet" used to say; "Just the facts,ma'am"

PHXFLYR:cool:

Facts in this business are rather hard to get aren't they, not to mention considering how fluid this industry is a fact today is a rumor tomorrow, and vis versa.

This is a message board, and used as place where people mention what they hear, and judging by the threads I have read over the years that includes many rumors.

Some have come to fruition and others never did. I don't have a problem with rumors, when they are told as just that, and lastly not used in a malicious fashion.

Just my opinion,

AA:cool:

Sellingdirt, everyone on the entry level is having trouble finding qualified pilots. There is a growing pilot shortage in the entry-level jobs. Company have redefined their hiring minimums Comm., MEL, Inst and you can apply. The recalls by DAL, NWA, AA, and UAL will accelerate the turnover in the lower end of the business. This will create more flying jobs in an already tight market. This all leads up to the 2007-hiring boom.

pilotyip said:
Sellingdirt, everyone on the entry level is having trouble finding qualified pilots. There is a growing pilot shortage in the entry-level jobs. Company have redefined their hiring minimums Comm., MEL, Inst and you can apply. The recalls by DAL, NWA, AA, and UAL will accelerate the turnover in the lower end of the business. This will create more flying jobs in an already tight market. This all leads up to the 2007-hiring boom.

Thanks for the laugh.

Hi!

Air Canada also flies the -190s in-house. They have used them to take the place of the old "B-plan" pay structure.

I think it's much better 4 the pilots than farming them out to other airlines (ie: regionals).

cliff
GRB

PS-How about those VIKINGS!!!???!!!

lbbats: it is true; you have to believe! It is the light and the only way.

AAflyer said:
That is the big difference between your response and mine. I stated a rumor I had heard and then mentioned a fact of our upcoming retirements. With all due respect I have been on this MB since late 1999. I have seen so many people like yourself talk as if your statements are gospil.

Could you please explain what flying wil be outsourced? Unless you are someone from Centerport (highly unlikely if you are prowling around MBs.)

The variables that may lead to recalls;

When will age 65 go through?

What will it do to our lump sum payments?

Will APA modify the A fund in sec 6?

Will we grant more productivity for growth (ala CAL)?

If the A fund is modified, how many will make a run for the lump sum?

What if gas continues to go down?

Your view is very simplistic, and is really a guess at best, as is mine.

AAflyer

Thanks for your detailed and informative post.

Rumor is they are parking the A300, but what would I know they laid me off 3 years ago with 8 years senority...

well there are job postings for crj, emb and sf3 sim instructors out there......for what thats worth.....id say that means something. Id be suprised if the two ( AA and AE ) comapnies never talk to each other about possible recalls. maybe they are preparing for some call backs.......it would be a good thing for everyone involved.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back