• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've seen several FO's in the last few months go to Skywest. One went to Horizon. He'll make more in his second year ($42 is what he told me) as a Q400 FO than he could make on the maximum 8 year jet FO payscale at Eagle. The Skywest guys will likely upgrade pretty quickly as well. I have been told by several junior FO's here that they are just here to build time to go to another regional or frax.
And why should they stay? They hear stories of 6+ year FO's finally upgrading a few years back, only to be displaced back to FO months later. Letter 3 used to be a good recruiting tool, but obviously not anymore.
I think AA will need to start recalling FIRST, before Eagle is able to start a hiring boom. Otherwise, there is little to attract the staffing need here, as evidenced by recent shortages. As for when AA recalls might happen? I have heard '6 months' since the day they furloughed. I have heard 'January' all year long this year. It's gonna be one of those 'believe it when you see it' things.

Last edited:
Phxfler, that is the eternal question how does someone on the lower end not put himself or herself at a competitive disadvantage when offering better QOL and pay. The guy buying the seat, to shipping the box looks at cost and makes a decision. We have very little turn over at our place and we do much as we can to give a workable QOL inside the confines of the on-demand airfreight business. I know there is one thing we do for our pilots that unusual in this business we honor days off and never junior assign.

PHXFLYR said:
Did you ever think that if you guys at "the lower end of the business" offered something that approximated a decent wage and quality of life that maybe you would't lose pilots to other carriers in the first place? Just wondering... :confused:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Damn...I WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE!!!!
starting tomorrow...RAISES FOR EVERYBODY!

Latest resources

Back