American recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8tor19 said:
School house rumor is before the end of the year. SF3 and EMJ just hired 7-10 instructors.

Same rumor heard here. WE ARE SHORT. We retire over 4000 pilots in the next 9-10 years. (if no change to 60 occurs).

AA

AAflyer said:
Same rumor heard here. WE ARE SHORT. We retire over 4000 pilots in the next 9-10 years. (if no change to 60 occurs).

AA

Shortage will be dealt with by outsourcing some of the flying after the change to 60 occurs. Recall might be earlier than the 3 years though.

I'm going to guess a few late this fall. Followed by a slow to moderate (10-25 per month) starting in the spring. I think they will try and grow Eagle as much as possible. Heard another rumor from an AA guy that Eagle had a hard time filling a new hire class. Anyone??

accinelli said:
Shortage will be dealt with by outsourcing some of the flying after the change to 60 occurs. Recall might be earlier than the 3 years though.

That is the big difference between your response and mine. I stated a rumor I had heard and then mentioned a fact of our upcoming retirements. With all due respect I have been on this MB since late 1999. I have seen so many people like yourself talk as if your statements are gospil.

Could you please explain what flying wil be outsourced? Unless you are someone from Centerport (highly unlikely if you are prowling around MBs.)

The variables that may lead to recalls;

When will age 65 go through?

What will it do to our lump sum payments?

Will APA modify the A fund in sec 6?

Will we grant more productivity for growth (ala CAL)?

If the A fund is modified, how many will make a run for the lump sum?

What if gas continues to go down?

Your view is very simplistic, and is really a guess at best, as is mine.

AAflyer

Last edited:
SellingDirt said:
I'm going to guess a few late this fall. Followed by a slow to moderate (10-25 per month) starting in the spring. I think they will try and grow Eagle as much as possible. Heard another rumor from an AA guy that Eagle had a hard time filling a new hire class. Anyone??

I am not sure how much more Eagle can grow, they have no more A/C being delivered and or orders. And no, contrary to rumor they do not have orders for the E-190. I have yet to hear of any pilots here willing to give that away (even for the pension). It would spell the end of AA dometic.

The fact that JBlue and USAirways do/ and will fly them in house will only bolster our position on that.

Your other numbers seem plausable, only time will tell, especially when we start negotiating.

Regards,

AAflyer

Last edited:
why can't eagle grow anymore? they may not have jets on order but if the numbers worked per AMR, a large prop order could take place. ie Q400. as far as recalls- i don't think any pilot on the property has the foggiest idea.

AAflyer said:
That is the big difference between your response and mine. I stated a rumor I had heard and then mentioned a fact of our upcoming retirements. With all due respect I have been on this MB since late 1999. I have seen so many people like yourself talk as if your statements are gospil.

Could you please explain what flying wil be outsourced? Unless you are someone from Centerport (highly unlikely if you are prowling around MBs.)

The variables that may lead to recalls;

When will age 65 go through?

What will it do to our lump sum payments?

Will APA modify the A fund in sec 6?

Will we grant more productivity for growth (ala CAL)?

If the A fund is modified, how many will make a run for the lump sum?

What if gas continues to go down?

Your view is very simplistic, and is really a guess at best, as is mine.

AAflyer

"......stated a rumor and mentioned a fact." If it's a rumor, why bother to mention it in the first place? Kind of a cruel thing to do to those on furlough who might be anxious to get back. Or,as Sgt Joe Friday on the old TV series "Dragnet" used to say; "Just the facts,ma'am"

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
There's been a lot of talk of Eagle getting 10 more Saabs, and President Bowler said himself that attrition has been steady for the past couple of years, but they are now going to ramp up hiring. While he denied hearing anything from AA, that's either for Saabs or recalls in my humble opinion. He stated that it's for our "recent lack of staffing". But from someone working there for a couple years now, it's the same as it ever was.

Latest resources

Back