• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American... Get that rig!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bubba and some other Corndogs don't want to understand other types of airlines with different types of flying because to them, the other types just don't matter. Give them five legs to Lubbock or Islip each day, and that's all they need. Well, not everyone does that or wants to do that.

Of course the other types of flying matter, this industry needs them all. Some folks love 36 hour layovers, and that's great more power to you! I prefer to spend my time at home with my family not in a hotel with strangers.

The point is rigs are always the key for pilots. SWAPA has worked very hard to secure the rigs they have in place. 6.5 average daily guarantee, coupled with a 5.0 minimum day and .74 per duty hour protect the protectivity of the pilots. As SWA transitions to more international flying, those rigs will protect the pilots unless they are daft enough to bargain them away. The 36 hour layover is not my cup of tea, but if they need to pay me 5.0 for the first 24 hours and a bare minimum of 5.0 for the next 12 hours of that layover, I will find a way to make it work in my life.

Southwest gets a MINIMUM of 6.5 per day or 19.5 for a 3 day.....MINIMUM.

Makes Delta's rig look like chump change unfortunately. That's why mid level SW FO's top DL widebody rates consistently. Sad but true.

Pay is one thing, work rules are another. Hopefully DL can work on both.

Corndog FO rates "topping" DL Widebody FO rates?? Nah, you forgot about the 16.585% Profit Sharing this year Red (looks like 20% next year (Feb14th)) and the 15% DC Fund contribution without having to add a dime himself/herself. All of that adds up, not to mention the Widebody pay rate (A330 and up) is a lot higher than yours hourly, and the other fleets may pass yours soon. Your math is consistently off Red, and your jealousy shows. Sad but true Red. Enjoy Midland.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Corndog FO rates "topping" DL Widebody FO rates?? Nah, you forgot about the 16.585% Profit Sharing this year Red (looks like 20% next year (Feb14th)) and the 15% DC Fund contribution without having to add a dime himself/herself. All of that adds up, not to mention the Widebody pay rate (A330 and up) is a lot higher than yours hourly, and the other fleets may pass yours soon. Your math is consistently off Red, and your jealousy shows. Sad but true Red. Enjoy Midland.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genny,

Every time you open your pie hole you show your ignorance of the Southwest pay structure. In January I blocked around 86 hours and my hourly payrate equated to a widebody 12yr Delta FO. Facts are facts and you can't seems to understand that. Why did you decide to shift the conversation to Profit Sharing? Because your 'rig argument' is as flimsy as a house of cards? Most likely.

Genny,

Every time you open your pie hole you show your ignorance of the Southwest pay structure. In January I blocked around 86 hours and my hourly payrate equated to a widebody 12yr Delta FO. Facts are facts and you can't seems to understand that. Why did you decide to shift the conversation to Profit Sharing? Because your 'rig argument' is as flimsy as a house of cards? Most likely.

Hilarious. The rig argument may have been won by you, but not the pay rates, profit sharing, DC fund with zero contribution needed by the pilot (you need to contribute 9% to get the max match). But just because you have 6.5 a day, doesn't mean INTL pilots at DL don't get that on INTL trips. A 3 day to Europe can be close to 20 hours in 3 days, for 2 total legs, not your 15 legs in 3 days. Those two things need to be worked on by your union, but thanks to Spirit, the new low cost leader, I don't think GK wants to do it. I do wish you luck though. And your Widebody pay rate comparison is a joke. Hourly (not your goofy trip pay, the hourly Widebody pay also adds about $5 an hour for INTL override too plus higher perdiem rates) is not higher at your airline. Keep dreaming.

Enjoy Islip.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Flying a 737 for life has to be a bummer if you ask me. My 777 buds in the industry work 9 days a month for a good nut, but those ultra long hauls take a toll on the body. I just wish the rig just goes up for all, not down like we just had at the new AA.

And your Widebody pay rate comparison is a joke. Hourly (not your goofy trip pay,

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Genny, since you are so wise and know everything..answer this..

How did I get paid $16163 in January and actually flew 86 hours?

No vacation. No premium. No training.

That equates to $188/hr for my time spent. APC says even you guys don't make that. I'll give you a little hint....its called a strong rig. You plainly don't understand our structure (again). Similar to that easy three day I told you about. You went on and on about how I made less than DL. You had it 180 degrees wrong...just like now.

Goofy trip pay? I'd say it works pretty well for me. Cheers fool.

Flying a 737 for life has to be a bummer if you ask me. My 777 buds in the industry work 9 days a month for a good nut, but those ultra long hauls take a toll on the body. I just wish the rig just goes up for all, not down like we just had at the new AA.

To each their own Carl. I getting compensated well for my time and NOT having to do redeyes and being exhausted as you get older. I'm maybe two time zones away from home at any given time, etc. Hell, many trips I'm home by 9-10am getting full pay for the day. Basically a paid day at home and drinking cocktails by the pool for lunch.

I'd rather keep this off the my A-peen is bigger than your A-peen and bring it back to WORKRULES and how many days a month I have to give to the man....

WN rigs are good. And it's nice to see how far they've come since that airline in 1999 that I would never have considered applying for. However the rest of the Legacy airlines are now finally returning to their pre-911 glory and the bar has to keep going up. Southwest is like the ugly girl at the end of the bar after a long night of drinking. Starts to look good as you get fewer and fewer options. This was the case for over a decade after 9/11 ... Time now to reclaim this profession from the likes of Cohen, Parker, Dunkerly et.al.

Hilarious. The rig argument may have been won by you, but not the pay rates, profit sharing, DC fund with zero contribution needed by the pilot (you need to contribute 9% to get the max match). But just because you have 6.5 a day, doesn't mean INTL pilots at DL don't get that on INTL trips. A 3 day to Europe can be close to 20 hours in 3 days, for 2 total legs, not your 15 legs in 3 days. Those two things need to be worked on by your union, but thanks to Spirit, the new low cost leader, I don't think GK wants to do it. I do wish you luck though. And your Widebody pay rate comparison is a joke. Hourly (not your goofy trip pay, the hourly Widebody pay also adds about $5 an hour for INTL override too plus higher perdiem rates) is not higher at your airline. Keep dreaming.

Enjoy Islip.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You must be hung like a rasin due to the fact that you always appear so vulnerable and insecure. Why must you overcompensate on everything "Delta" you post? You must of been beaten as a child.:crying:

I can't believe you guys still argue with him and haven't put him on the ignore list. It's the best thing I've ever done on this site and try it for a few weeks and you'll actually find this site tolerable. Just ignore the very individual who's trashed this site, the arrogant prick General Lee, and I promise you'll thank me later.

Latest resources

Back