American... Get that rig!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surely that's a minimum, right?

I would assume this is an example of a non productive 3 day trip with trip rig. The same 3 day at HAL likely is worth 11-12 hours.

Concerning those NEO's

If they do plan on running 3 day trips with 4 total legs at 12 hrs pay.... I envision a lot of FO's bypassing upgrade...

We all know, to get a line of West Coast 3 days one has to basically give up 2-3 extra days off a month.. It makes for a brutal schedule...and barely 80-82 hrs...

How many 330 FO's are gonna give up nice international schedules to go to a NEO 3 day West Coast schedule for barely any pay raise at all...( senior FO pay+ international pay/per diem+ more days off)t

They'll either build 2 day trips, or upgrades could start getting pretty junior.

I just saw they're flexing FO's on the 330 to 80 hours this month.... how does that work with all the 3 day's that go junior?

Surely that's a minimum, right?

Yes. A 3 day trip that doesn't return to the pilot's base between 12 Midnight and 2am on day three is worth 15:45 minimum. There are plenty of three day trips worth more, like 3 day Europe trips worth 17-18 hours from the East Coast, and 3 day Europe's from the West Coast (SEA) worth more. (For 2 legs total). Variety, it's just fantastic.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Now that the pay is fixed - one less Damocles sword dangling over our head - we have opportunities to improve the work rules through side letters and such, as merger-related implementations come up and the company will need our cooperation. As I recall, delta did exactly that: their 5:15 min calendar day came as a result of a side letter they did with the company on exchange for HBT.
Does anyone at the APA even bother to ask the west pilots about their experiences negotiating with Parker and his mentor Franke?

If you want any possible relief from the onerous work rules it will come at the expense of book rates. The west pilots fought for years to get the scraps that eventually became the high water mark for work rules, only to have APA cast them aside in an act of characteristic hubris.

So don't sit there waiting on side letters that will never come. Enjoy your career at the highest paying regional airline in the world.

I do agree that a NO vote was throwing your vote away, but I don't blame Parker or Kirby. I blame those folks who just had to get Horton and used the work rules of AWA to do it. Even more so I blame USAPA who prevented the LUS pilot group from building a better contract from which to cushion the blow of the JCBA due to their single minded vindictiveness.

So everyone got something, but no one got what they deserved.

Do the rigs apply outside of line construction i.e. daily operations?

Yes. The scheduling guide from DALPA that I've linked below explains the different mechanisms that create a credit "floor" for our trips. The link should be accessible to the general population without logging in.

Pages 44-46 talk about pay guarantees. It's a nice plain language explanation with an example trip.

https://dal.alpa.org/DesktopModules...yId=7171&language=en-US&PortalId=0&TabId=1125

Latest resources

Back