• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smoked Toilet

18 AT LAST!
Hey guys,

Every time I walk away from my computer, it stops recording my "study" time. How does it do this? Any ideas on how to make it think you are actually there?

Thanks for the help.

ST

Did you Minimize it?

Hey let me know if it's a big hassle because I have to renew mine in a few weeks and am thinking about Gleim.

No. It's not minimized.

It counts all the time while I'm reading other web pages. But when I leave, it stops recording for some reason. Can it be sensing internet activity? I have no idea.

Otherwise, it's a pretty sweet deal.. $125 for lifetime renewals. Not to shabby.

ST

I've never heard of that before. Maybe it does sense inactivity. Sorry....wish I knew.

I just used the American Flyers CFI Renewal about a month ago, and yes, it seems that it stops logging time after about 10 minutes of inactivity. However, if you're in a chapter that has a video, it seems to keep logging time so long as the video is running, and the videos do seem to run continously until the user stops them. Bad news is there isn't a video in every chapter.

SEVEN said:
Did you Minimize it?

Hey let me know if it's a big hassle because I have to renew mine in a few weeks and am thinking about Gleim.

I used Gleim for my renewal last year and highly recommend it. Unfortunately I do not stay too busy with my CFI nowadays, so I plan on using Gleim again next year. It is less time consuming (and more interesting) that what Flyers can offer, less $$$$ than Jepp's version too.

Not sure how it worked, but I spend enough time on the computer anyways and got the course done in under a week taking my time. Pleased with the course, and for the price you can't beat it. And if you're not a practicing CFI, the information is useful.

I started doing my renewal with AF but it sucked.

I used the AOPA/JEPP one. It was more expensive but it was a much better program.

Wankel

just wiggle the mouse once every 5 to 10 minutes and your set. Another hint: when you go to take the test open the window twice, have the text stuff opened on one window and the test on another. Then you can flip back and forth to get the answers.

AF is worth it, one time fee and your good for life.

LearLove said:
just wiggle the mouse once every 5 to 10 minutes and your set. Another hint: when you go to take the test open the window twice, have the text stuff opened on one window and the test on another. Then you can flip back and forth to get the answers.

AF is worth it, one time fee and your good for life.

Guys , this is your CFI renewal! This is some serious stuff you don't want to mess with. You guys are the reason this industry sucks!

Just kidding! LOL, I bet you were wondering when THAT guy was gonna show up ;)

Wankel

Latest resources

Back