• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle....Opinions from people who know

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Instead of being junior manned, why dont you just turn your phone off?

Obviously you have a great grasp on the industry there junior. Read the subject. Opinions from people who know American Eagle. Maybe you could give us your opinion on how to do a lazy-8 but stick with what you know.

I flew for Eagle for 7 years. Unfortunately for the regional side of the industry Eagle's contract is becoming better and better due to default. We all know about upgrade times and I would have to say that is their drawback. Training department is very good, flight crews are great. The most I miss about Eagle are the people I had the opportunity to fly with.

well i should have referenced the guy who posted that it would take 13 years to get through all the furloughs at eagle. with 4000 AA guys retiring it won't take that long for the flowbacks to be back at AA.

Seniority is based on DOB. They have been actually putting new hires into MIA instead of SJU which is weird. So it a possibility, even if you get SJU you can transfer to MIA when there is a vacancy. Keep in mind though that there might not be ATRs in your new hire class. It could just saab, or even a few classes have been all jets, if your lucky. I sat reserve for 2 months in SJU before i got a line.

Eagle Flight, but not for long (hopefully)

I've been here ar AE 4 years, and my wage is finally liveable for SoCal. I stay here for now because I like the California flying in the Saab and the commute from the out station where I live is awesome. I LOVE and use my flight benefits and have a great time flying/working with 99% of the crewmembers, but that's where the fun usually ends.

Once I get my logbook caught up around the holidays, I am going to seriously consider flying for another carrier, or possibly try to go cargo if the hours look good. I personally am sick of AMR in general and not a fan of crew scheduling or some of the dirtbag managers & supervisors that run the stations on the ground (I have seen missing teeth, house slippers, tube socks and hair curlers on the station supervisor checking people in...and that's just one lady in KSAN...GPU pull-aways....and we were overloaded in C-2 three times in one day at as many stations), but overall a fairly decent place to work if you can just stay in the cockpit, hope for a properly loaded quick turn and no FLO into LAX. :)

Just my humble opinion...LOL

-FW

2) It takes another lawsuit to make sure that the Eagle pilots with numbers are included in the recall, and when that suit is won, another 7 months are added to that time, and...

Just curious Eagle-ista, why should Eagle piots with numbers get "recalled" to AA if they were never "furloughed" from AA to begin with? Yes, they had numbers here but they never flowed through. As such, they can flow through only when there is a "new hire" class, not a "recall."

Do you know any differently?

Just curious Eagle-ista, why should Eagle piots with numbers get "recalled" to AA if they were never "furloughed" from AA to begin with? Yes, they had numbers here but they never flowed through. As such, they can flow through only when there is a "new hire" class, not a "recall."

Do you know any differently?

What difference does it make anyway? I am willing to bet over 95% of those Eagle flowthroughs will decline the flowthrough when it finally comes... if it even can come. The agreement expires in 2007. If the flowthrough guys never made it to AA and the agreement expires wouldn't you argue that they were never AA pilots, never on the property and the contract supporting them is now gone?

What are we talking about, a total of 25 (less than 5% of 500ish) pilots that might flow up? In fact, I would bet you the beverage of your choice that an informal poll would show that there are more flowbacks that want to stay at Eagle than there are flowthrough Eagle guys that want to flow-up.

The company has a tidal wave of hardships to process unless they find a way to re-figure the whole Letter 3 supplement. I say they poll the flowthroughs and allow them to change their status. Then delete that many flowback positions from Eagle and master shuffle the entire AE list.

What do you think?

What are we talking about, a total of 25 (less than 5% of 500ish) pilots that might flow up? In fact, I would bet you the beverage of your choice that an informal poll would show that there are more flowbacks that want to stay at Eagle than there are flowthrough Eagle guys that want to flow-up.

The company has a tidal wave of hardships to process unless they find a way to re-figure the whole Letter 3 supplement. I say they poll the flowthroughs and allow them to change their status. Then delete that many flowback positions from Eagle and master shuffle the entire AE list.

What do you think?

I agree that most all AE CAs I know with a # dont want to flowthrough at this point, mainly due to age. Was there something in the contract language about 'time-to-captain' and flowing through after that point?

Latest resources

Back