Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
The title says it all, if you have actual experience with this company what are your thoughts on it?

If you want to be an FO for 7 years then this is the company for YOU. Other than that people were nice in LA. I never got off reserve before i left, also i only flew about 100 hours in 4 months on reserve.

If you want to be an FO for 7 years then this is the company for YOU. Other than that people were nice in LA. I never got off reserve before i left, also i only flew about 100 hours in 4 months on reserve.
Were you on the Saab? Also I believe that the upgrade time will be coming down, you have to remember that they did not hire anyone for almost three years, so when the last FO is upgraded from 2001 the upgrade time will go down by three years.

But what I am more interested in is how you were treated? What was the attitude of the people there? How long were you there?

Were you on the Saab? Also I believe that the upgrade time will be coming down, you have to remember that they did not hire anyone for almost three years, so when the last FO is upgraded from 2001 the upgrade time will go down by three years.

But what I am more interested in is how you were treated? What was the attitude of the people there? How long were you there?

I was treated well both in training and on-line. The people there were nice, although most held a bitterness towards the company. It seemed like there were many people there that felt they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. They had spent 5+ years there as an FO and now had a family to support. So it wasnt feasible for them to go to another company and start at the bottom. Most of these people had been displaced from captain once if not twice.
I was there for july-dec 04, 5 months. Never really wanted to be there, i was on the saab in LA. As for upgrade goes it will not come down unless AA recalls. AA has 3000+ on the street with about 500 of thoughs people working for eagle. AA hasnt recalled yet and doesnt look like they will recall for at least the next year probably longer.

at amr your just a # scheduling abuses everyone capts. are having to fly as Fo's in chicago I flew 85 hrs in sept sitting airport ready (bidding mistake) good place to get a lot of sic emb time been here since may and can hold a composite line in chicago only gives me 11 days off which they try jm me on anyway wouldn't recomend this place QOL sucks I'm personally trying to get on with skybest or anyone else based out of chicago hope this helps Pm me if you have any other questions

Been here 20 years.................

What would you like to know ?

Whom in particular are you concerned about when you refer to "treatment" ?

Spacifics ?

Last edited:
I had loads of fun flying the ATR in SJU and DFW. Sure, I had to leave after 4 years to try and get some turbine PIC, but I really did enjoy my time there. The paychecks never bounced once.

Not that bad....

Take away the looming upgrade issue and eagle is a pretty good place to be imo... It all depends on what you want out of it, and what you make of it.... a 3 year upgrade at a company is a GREAT thing for the pilot who was hired 3 years AGO!!! It doesn't mean squat to the guy who is hired today... We've got a decent contract, if you know how to work it. If you come in hoping to fly the new shiny jet, you'll be disapointed... bid the prop, your life will be much better.... once you have a little seniority go to the jet, and you won't suffer that much QOL... Don't get me wrong, the company has its issues, but what company doesn't? Air willie pilots bitch about schedules, XJT doesn't know wether they'll have enough planes to fly for their current pilots, skywest, ASA, Republic, they've all got issues.... and AE has the recall, card.... when, and I cautiously say when, AA recalls, you'll be sitting pretty, alot of movement will be happening....

Latest resources

Back