American Eagle Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
saviboy said:
I am usually a joker but this is a serious question.
For starters, try searching the board for Tab threads.. I'm sure other people will be glad to fill you in on the rest

saviboy said:
Thank you for your advice.
I think you could have simply answered this from the first post.
I'm sure I could have.. It's more fun when you do your own research though.

I intstruct with one of the guys that was sent home. he met mins and was prepared. he said that she came out and said something about how they already met their quota for this month and to re-apply at a later date. as you might imagine they were all pretty stunned.

I don't know about sending a whole interview session home, that does seem strange to me.

As far as making interviewees wait, that is exactly how Eagle does it.

I interviewed in 1999 and that is exactly how they did it. After the tech interviews we all broke for lunch. We all had thought we had made it. Several of us had all become acquainted during the hour long lunch break.

When we returned nobody came in to greet us. It was just the interviewees for a good 30 minutes.

Then Claudette poked her head in...John Doe could you please come out here? A guy in the front gets up...goes outside for a few seconds, returns, grabs his stuff and leaves. John Doe2 could you plese come outside? Same story. This goes on for what seemed like hours, probably about 15 minutes. Everytime she poked her head in you just held your breath. Finally she walked in and congratulated the remaining applicants.

To the guy who's friend that got turned down by Eagle, Tell him that things happen for a reason. Their are so many pilots that are thankful that they were turned down by a certain airline. When I interviewed in 9/99 one of the guys that also interviewed on that same day was also hired in 11/99. One of his friends was one of the applicants not selected after the tech interview. I found out later that this guy was devistated obviously when he wasn't chosen. He later got on with Skywet (I think, one of the delta connections), anyway, guys hired 11/99 have not yet upgraded, thousands of hours of SIC but no PIC. This guy upgraded in 3 years and is now at JB. If he had gotten on with Eagle he still would not have upgraded and would still be stuck in the right seat.

Later

Latest resources

Back