• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle ..HIRING....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Forgot to respond to pipejerker. Eagle has ~2400 pilots in good standing.

I don't give a flying f*** how many are in "good standing". Someone was putting out info that was way out of whack by saying Eagle had 2400 pilots. They didn't say anything about "good standing" "bad standing" "rat ba*stard standing" as no one gives a crap. What matters are the total number of pilots on property...pilots that would be ahead of any newhire. And that is nearly 2700.

Last edited:
Oh boy.....aomeone has a belly full of billy badass. +1 for the internet street fighter.

To those interviewing, good luck and welcome aboard. We don't all have the personality of a tumbleweed's nutsack.

So the issue of exploding prices of fossil fuel seem to still be a problem. Something needs to be developed that will not rise in price far greater than the rate of our inflation like oil has. If the cost to produce this oil is equivalent to projections of future prices of petroleum products, then I stand by my earlier opinion that this industry is doomed. It just can't sustain the cost of all this capacity at $100 plus per barrel oil. My prediction is that we will once again see 100 per barrel oil by the end of the year, and $150 sometime in 2011. This industry can't be expanded with those prices.

Agreed, but if all of a sudden commercial aviation didnt use any oil what would that do to the price of oil? If it drives the price of oil down then the price of synthetic jetfuel would also have to fall (in order to remain more economical than old school oil).

Oh boy.....aomeone has a belly full of billy badass. +1 for the internet street fighter.

To those interviewing, good luck and welcome aboard. We don't all have the personality of a tumbleweed's nutsack.

Where the hell do you come from? And what is your problem? Did I threaten anyone in any way? Was I bragging about my UFC skills? So what's your issue with me? If you're the one that put out the inaccurate info on the pilot numbers at Eagle, so be it! I merely corrected you and listed the accurate numbers. Then you go off on some tangent justifying your mistake by babbling about members in good ALPO standing, instead of just letting it go and letting the correct numbers be posted by someone who had more accurate info. Did I step on your manhood or something? I feel sorry for the CA's that get stuck flying with you as you must go off on them anytime they try to teach you something or correct you on something, as you apparently know it all.

Agreed, but if all of a sudden commercial aviation didnt use any oil what would that do to the price of oil? If it drives the price of oil down then the price of synthetic jetfuel would also have to fall (in order to remain more economical than old school oil).

That would be a great day in aviation, and maybe we would once again see good career movement, but the chance of that happening is like our pay and QOL going back to what it was in 1978!

. Eagle actually has 2700 active pilots on their seniority list. Where do you get your info?

Ummmmmm... No, you are incorrect. There are 2654 pilots TOTAL on the seniority list. Of that 241 are currently inactive, on-leave or in management positions which leaves 2413 who are considered ACTIVE line flying pilots.

That info is directly from the seniority list of which I myself am listed on.

ROTFL that was a beat down! Gotta remember that one...

Pipejockey, you are full of doom and gloom. Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and get out of aviation. Seeing your attitude on here just leaves me to imagine how awful it would be to fly with you. However, if you smoke some of that funny stuff like a good pipejockey you are, then maybe you might be able to chill out, relax and enjoy life. Until then, you might want to look for work somewhere outside of avaition so you, your friends and family can actually deal with you being around. Eagle is a good place to work, in the regional airlines (guys have to start somewhere) compared to others around. Only ones i could think of that are better would be skywest (no union, have fun with that) and horizon. This is a good place to start.

Ummmmmm... No, you are incorrect. There are 2654 pilots TOTAL on the seniority list. Of that 241 are currently inactive, on-leave or in management positions which leaves 2413 who are considered ACTIVE line flying pilots.

That info is directly from the seniority list of which I myself am listed on.

What, is it gang up on me day or something? What the hell did I do but correct inaccurate info. Some guy said Eagle had 2400 pilots! They do not. They have nearly 2700! many of the so-called management pilots are current, which indeed makes them active. The voluntary leave folks will be back one day as well. If they are on the seniority list, then they are an Eagle pilot! And it's nearly 2700, not the 2400 that was inaccurately posted.

chignutsak said:
ROTFL that was a beat down! Gotta remember that one...

And what was it I deserved this so called "beat down" for? For correcting inaccurate info? And if you actually considered that a "beat down" you must have a pu**y between your legs, because you sure as hell haven't got any balls! Now go back to singing soprano while Bruno has his way with you.

bobs98tlr said:
Pipejockey, you are full of doom and gloom. Please do yourself and everyone else a favor and get out of aviation.

And leave it for all the spineless people like you that don't have a backbone to start voting NO on these insulting TA's that management and ALPO are having you sign?

bobs98tlr said:
Eagle is a good place to work, in the regional airlines (guys have to start somewhere) compared to others around.

Did you just say start somewhere? Well for those of you "starting somewhere" at Eagle, then prepare to be doing that "starting somewhere" for well over 10 years before you get the PIC time to even remotely have a chance of moving on to a major airline one day. There is such a glut of people at regional airlines with thousands of hours of PIC time available for the majors to choose from when they do their sporadic and limited hiring (since the regionals are taking more and more of their flying anymore) the odds of actually making anything more of yourself other than a regional airline pilot is slim.

For all you gung-ho regional airline pilots who think it's so wonderful, and continue to encourage these kids to get into the business, can you actually say that you are proud to tell people that you are an airline pilot when the topic comes up, when ultimately you have to explain to them that you fly the RJ's? And when you tell them who you work for, no one has ever heard of the company or have the faintest idea who they are?
And then you have to hear them moan and groan about how much they hate the rj's. Or perhaps the nicer people who don't want to hurt your feelings give you that sh*t eating grin and looks for any way to gracefully get the hell away from you.
Well that is if you aren't the typical regional pilot who just tells everyone that they fly for AA, CAL, UA, etc etc. which couldn't be farther from the truth. Major airline pilots aren't hired at 500TT and 100ME even though a 777 pilot isn't any more difficult a job than an rj pilot, actually the contrary. I guess airline management mustn't think a human life in an rj is as important as one in mainline equipment.

Oh and of course when they ask you where you fly to you can tell them about all the exciting places you have gone like Bangor, Providence, Rochester, Albany, Springfield, Toledo, Columbus, Greensboro, Waco, Abilene, and the list just painfully keeps going on. Enjoy those regional airlines you all speak so highly of. They must be great places to work from what I've heard on this thread. Yeah, that Eagle place sounds like a dream job!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back