Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American and USAirways enter into nondisclosre agreement!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You do realize that prior to any SLI at American there has to be a joint CBA. That Joint cba between American and US Air will trigger the transition agreement and the NIC is part of the agreement.

It will be the NIC and the AA list goign to the SLI. And it is coming sooner than you think.

I hope you are prepared for a title wave of west pilots coming ahead of you. Have you seen how senior of a base Phoenix is? Our most junior pilot can hold captain out East. Looks like years of stagnation for the east. Well deserved.

Abe! Why don't you become the USAPA lawyer? You would make so much more money. You really look at your wife and kids and say I want to sit in a seat a 37000 feet, reading my free USA Today, and do nothing and make pilot wages when I could make so much more and send you to good colleges and take you on great vacations? You are so much smarter than our lawyers at USAPA. You suck if you don't want to take care of your family better. Yes the nic makes your most junior pilot my captain although not a very good one. I hope you never get screwed by poor management like we have our whole life. Laugh at us all you want because that's how a professional pilot should treat another professional pilot.

You suck if you don't want to take care of your family better. Yes the nic makes your most junior pilot my captain although not a very good one. I hope you never get screwed by poor management like we have our whole life. Laugh at us all you want because that's how a professional pilot should treat another professional pilot.
You owe it to your family to learn more about the NIC and listen less to your USAPA overlords. Unless you were furloughed at the time of the merger, you are not eternally stapled and you know that.

And how is suing innocent pilots and forcing their families to sacrifice in order to pay unnecessary legal fees, treating your fellow professional pilot?

Tell them how you are not content with your proportional gains from the merger, but feel entitled to 100% of the upgrades.

Don't expect them to stick around to listen.

You do realize that prior to any SLI at American there has to be a joint CBA. That Joint cba between American and US Air will trigger the transition agreement and the NIC is part of the agreement.

It will be the NIC and the AA list goign to the SLI. And it is coming sooner than you think.

I hope you are prepared for a title wave of west pilots coming ahead of you. Have you seen how senior of a base Phoenix is? Our most junior pilot can hold captain out East. Looks like years of stagnation for the east. Well deserved.
.....And the Nic was not a windfall for the west??????

Last edited:
.....And the Nic was not a windfall for the west??????
No, and no one outside of the east pilot group thinks so either. Even though it's irrelevant now since the list has been ordered, how do you think the Nic would compare to a McCaskill-Bond SLI?

No, and no one outside of the east pilot group thinks so either. Even though it's irrelevant now since the list has been ordered, how do you think the Nic would compare to a McCaskill-Bond SLI?

I'm not from the East. I'll say it. The nic was a windfall for the west.

Many of you may be wasting your attention span on old issues that you have no control of—Nicolai is out of your hands.

The MOST threatening subjects to East/West pilots are Scope clauses in term sheet; code sharing, outsourcing and a new B-scale...

We are all authorities on Nic in our own minds, but the outcome of this subject is beyond our control—please be sure that you focus on current events that we have control over. Many LCC pilots are focused on e190's replacing Airbuses with no thought of the extra 210 airframes and 15,000 physical seats merged AMR will have over Delta. Read the termsheet Q&A, read the BPR/NAC power points and communicate with your Reps!

Let us expand our focus beyond the Nicolai Award.

Last edited:
Many of you may be wasting your attention span on old issues that you have no control of—Nicolai is out of your hands.

No, it's not. Petition the BPR to pass a resolution acknowledging the Nicolau as the only list and ordering the NAC to withdraw any proposal including anything other than the Nicolau List. It is far from being out of your hands. Besides, why should anyone want to work with a group they don't trust. The east should have had the foresight to know they would need unity and lots of it, and mended their fences with the west long ago.

The merger is out of your hands and in the hands of the APA and there is no one to blame but USAPA and their supporters.

Latest resources

Back