• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American and USAIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are first and foremost US Airways pilots, and although I have a new union pin, I work with the same great people, and we have the same mission.
Sincerely,

Stephen H. Bradford
President
US Airline Pilots Association

Which is what?

Last edited:
One of the recommendations I made at our first meeting was to wear our uniform correctly and remove campaign material from our person, and luggage. The yellow lanyards that were an effective political tool during the NMB election have made their point, but now they could be seen as the continuation of division in our ranks.

Wear an ALPA lanyard and pin, grieve any suspected breach of your contract, don't sign up for dues check off, claim hardship.

Where are you getting this stuff? Have you even looked at the latest quarterly earnings reports? Jet Blue almost broke even with only an 8 mil loss. US had a loss half that of UAL and a fraction of NWA or DAL. Why would Jet blue go under and Virgin America not?

How many more 8 mil losses can they tolerate ?

We are first and foremost US Airways pilots, and although I have a new union pin, I work with the same great people, and we have the same mission.
Sincerely,

Stephen H. Bradford
President

Which is what?

Which is to attempt (hopelessly) to reverse the seniority award and force their beliefs.

Mr. Bradford is full of it.

"lets remove any indication that we were personally responsible for this USAPA raid...we've been correctly identified as scabs and it makes me uncomfortable..."

I love the BS revisionist history of exactly why USAPA came into existence...also he forgets to mention that all of those "ALPA" problems were caused by their very own local reps who they themselves continued to elect and support.

USAPA will be a catastrophic failure....the west is singularly focused to ensure that happens. Good Luck Eastscabs. You made your bed, now you're going to get to lay in it.

Stephen H. Bradford
President - Self appointed - 18 months.

Nice representation. Seems more like a, dare I say it?

This merger wont happen. The U situation brings more bad than good. U should be left alone to collapse by itself. As long as Parker succumbs to the east coast terrorists, then this outfit is doomed.

AA would be better off with al-queada members flying its aircraft then al-usapa. Too much overlap in this merger would make it a tough sell.

All things considered, I think UAL and CAL will jump in bed together shortly and give AA just enough off their plate to make regulators happy and that will be it.

These mergers wont solve the industrys problems, only the elimination of one of the future "big four". UAL, AA, and DAL will survive, but U/AWA will collpase and be picked apart by the others. The LCC's will have SWA and Airtran and perhaps Virgin America among its survivors, but JetBlue will flop by the end of the year at the latest. The LCC's wont be LCC's anymore as their prices will be very close to the majors. Alaska might remain stand alone as will a few other carrirs serving regions (gee........a "regional airline"). RJ's, especially <50 seaters will be dramatically reduced (not eliminated) in favor of more 70-90 seaters, but the overall RJ fleet count will be substantially less.

Why don't you raise the collective IQ and stop posting?

Hey WeaselLippage, mind your own business. You don't work here anymore.

We have all heard enough from you.....

How many more 8 mil losses can they tolerate ?

You sir are without a doubt AN IDIOT. I'll save you the trouble since you don't know anything about numbers. Here you go, Jetblue will still be around long after American has dismantled Eagle. Don't think that will happen to you. Take a look at Expressjet and you will see where Eagle is headed. You will be lucky to finish your 30 plus year Eagle career back where you started, the right seat of the next generation Shorts 360.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back